I think the problem going forward is that how do we distinguish between the metrolinx design scheme and each city's own transit design scheme. Go lines currently are run by Metrolinx but now Metrolinx is pushing their design scheme onto every new line they're overseeing. This might be a good thing and a bad thing. Good reason is that it unifies the design language on their new projects, but bad reason is that now people are going to be confused on which lines are run by metrolinx, ttc, and every other agency. If we want to unify design language for all of GTA, we're going to have to put the "T" on every single station and stop in the GTA. It's not even helpful because there is no mega transit agency that takes the responsibility of every transit agency, heck, we don't even have fare integration yet.

What's the point of this. Metrolinx doesn't have integration at all, and just wants to do some thing because it looks cool on a paper and map, but just makes things more confusing.
Clearly the only org that can / has overarching authority is Metrolinx (they *are* part of the Ontario gov) they probably should be the ones making (and indeed enforcing standards).

A GO Transit service
On the GO​
SERVICE UPDATE​
Port Credit GO – Parking impacts starting next week
601dccbf4879cc1f9d7e5ed0.jpg
601dccbf4879cc1f9d7e5ed1.jpg
Port Credit GO passengers: Starting as early as Monday, February 8, there will be major changes to station parking due to construction related to the Hurontario LRT. This construction will continue into 2023.
Here’s what you need to know:
North Lot:

- A portion of parking spaces will be closed in the south half of the north parking lot.
- Reserved parking spaces in the north lot will be relocated.
- A pedestrian path will be available for you to use to get to the tunnels connecting to the train platforms.
- The elevator to the north platform remains available for you use. The elevator to the south platform is currently under construction. An accessibility ramp is available for you to use to reach the south platform. Please follow signage to reach your platform.
- There will continue to be a series of closures in the north lot for the duration of construction until the end of 2022.
South Lot:
- A portion of the south lot will be closed along Hurontario Street on the east side of the parking lot, and into the northern half of the south parking lot.
- During construction, the stairs from Hurontario Street into the south parking lot will be closed.
- Some of the reserved parking spaces in the south parking lot will be relocated.
- The south half of the south lot is currently closed for the 2021 winter season.
- There will be no impacts to sidewalks or entrances for customers in the south parking lot.
- Some parking spaces will be permanently closed in the south parking lot, in order to make space available for the new Hurontario LRT. Construction will be ongoing until 2023.
Please give yourself extra time to get to the station and train platform during construction. Please follow posted signage and be careful around construction equipment and fenced off areas until this work is complete.
We will provide you with updates in advance of any future changes at your station.
For more information on changes at your station, please visit the Port Credit GO construction page.
For more information on the Hurontario LRT project, please visit the Metrolinx project page.​

Someone sent me this link and a good example what could had taken place for Brampton Downtown. I notice there are 2 sections of off wire compare to the plaza area I saw when I visited the city in 2012. Don't recall the 2nd one nor the first 6 minute of the trip that could had been added on after my visit. For a Monday, a real dead city due to COVID-19 where service was cut in haft given the long distance passing an option direction car.

Due to battery fires, 2 Trams have been lost.

Some wheel Squealing for the Alstom car and more noticeable on the Line 2 video I had a short look at.

Based on where the structure is at and what plan for the test area on Hurontario, cars will have to start showing up sooner than plan at this time.

Nice France Tram Action

Someone sent me this link and a good example what could had taken place for Brampton Downtown. I notice there are 2 sections of off wire compare to the plaza area I saw when I visited the city in 2012. Don't recall the 2nd one nor the first 6 minute of the trip that could had been added on after my visit. For a Monday, a real dead city due to COVID-19 where service was cut in haft given the long distance passing an option direction car.

Due to battery fires, 2 Trams have been lost.

Some wheel Squealing for the Alstom car and more noticeable on the Line 2 video I had a short look at.

Based on where the structure is at and what plan for the test area on Hurontario, cars will have to start showing up sooner than plan at this time.

Nice France Tram Action
"Too expensive" would be one of the many excuses the anti-LRT powers-that-be will use to kill it.

Here’s the boilerplate bullcrap I got from Metrolinx’s Hurontario LRT after I asked again about the potentially dangerous transfer at Brampton Gateway Terminal with a south side LRT terminus:

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns about the design of the Brampton Gateway Terminal stop for the Hurontario LRT.

As we previously mentioned, the plans for this stop are for customers to exit the light rail vehicle, and wait for the signal to cross, before walking across the intersection to the sidewalk on either the east or west side of the street. There would be no change to the current pedestrian movement we see now, and we believe this can be done safely and comfortably with customers following existing municipal traffic signals.

Drawings will be made available as design progresses, and we have noted your request for this intersection. We will follow up with you when drawings can be shared with the public.

Thanks,

This really aggravates me, as I don't think anyone at Metrolinx acknowledges the problem.

Here’s the boilerplate bullcrap I got from Metrolinx’s Hurontario LRT after I asked again about the potentially dangerous transfer at Brampton Gateway Terminal with a south side LRT terminus:

This really aggravates me, as I don't think anyone at Metrolinx acknowledges the problem.
I raised this at our last meeting and was told the contract was sign and will remain as is regardless of safety issues or Brampton wants it where it was supposed to be.

The more I raise issues, more they get piss off at me, but you are talking to an ML wall in the first place.

There been a flipping of things from our first meeting last year where the contractor is not calling the shots anymore on them.

I raised this at our last meeting and was told the contract was sign and will remain as is regardless of safety issues or Brampton wants it where it was supposed to be.

The more I raise issues, more they get piss off at me, but you are talking to an ML wall in the first place.

There been a flipping of things from our first meeting last year where the contractor is not calling the shots anymore on them.

The worst is that they will only say that "the plans for this stop are for customers to exit the light rail vehicle, and wait for the signal to cross, before walking across the intersection to the sidewalk on either the east or west side of the street" - that's the case for all but two stops along the line (Port Credit, and Square One). What they aren't even admitting is that pedestrians will then have to cross to the north side of Steeles Avenue - and that 95% of people getting off will be going west to get to the terminal, and not east.

If contracts are carved in stone, and construction is started, why the secrecy with sharing updated drawings with the public?

Maybe I should FOI their asses.

The worst is that they will only say that "the plans for this stop are for customers to exit the light rail vehicle, and wait for the signal to cross, before walking across the intersection to the sidewalk on either the east or west side of the street" - that's the case for all but two stops along the line (Port Credit, and Square One). What they aren't even admitting is that pedestrians will then have to cross to the north side of Steeles Avenue - and that 95% of people getting off will be going west to get to the terminal, and not east.

If contracts are carved in stone, and construction is started, why the secrecy with sharing updated drawings with the public?

I have said here as well at my last meeting and in writing, it not that hard to move the station from the south side to the north other than the cost of the extra track work. The contract can be change by a change order very easy other than who is paying for the extra trackwork. One way or another, tracks will be going north at some future date and either Brampton will either picks up the cost of the extra trackwork and overhead since they screw this thing from day one or it will be ML/IO over the 30 year contract time frame.

Given the fact that this is the end of the line at this time, the amount of riders getting on/off that platform will be a bitch as well safety issues with only one entrance/exit compare to the 2 for the north side. Who going to be on the hook when someone get hit by the size of the crowd at that single entrance/exit??? Once that first person is hit and sue with everyone knowing of the flaw issue, need a big check book to cover that lawsuit.

I have seen the Eglinton platforms that will be the same for Hurontario ones and only asking for problems at a number key locations. with Steeles being one of them.

Essentially the answer is 'people can obey traffic signals'.

So much for transparency and addressing people's concerns.

Back