8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Redroom Studios

Member Bio
Reaction score
thanks Current for all your hard work of getting pics up for us today! This crew really looks like they've got their act together now, picking up speed!

as for changing views, I am interested to see if the Holiday Inn looks any better with the TIFF tower beside it instead of just empty space...

The Holiday Inn will be less visible once there is no longer empty space beside it. Therefore, it will look better.

I dunno if they're planning anything major for the exterior, but the Holiday Inn franchise is being replaced with a Hyatt in the next few months. One can only hope that a higher-end operator will try for a higher-end look.

I dunno if they're planning anything major for the exterior, but the Holiday Inn franchise is being replaced with a Hyatt in the next few months. One can only hope that a higher-end operator will try for a higher-end look.
Wow, where did you hear that? Is Hyatt taking over ALL Holiday Inns?

That's interesting news. I assume it will be one of Hyatt's mid-range brands (Regency, etc.) since we already have the top-end Park Hyatt. Nonetheless the loss of a a Holiday Inn in favour of something considerably more upmarket speaks to the ongoing Yorkville-ization of King West. Which is great.

Cladding on the western side of the Holiday Inn (facing Peter St) was being removed this week!! There's a small workforce at it right now! Something's definitely happening here.

^I'm surprised cladding is being removed ... maybe just for an entrance as the hotel is just a tenant in the much bigger mixed-use building (inc. 350,000 square feet of office space)

Wow, didn't realise that. I thought the whole building was owned by the hotel chain and filled with rooms, amenities, and a bit of leased street-level retail/entertainment. Well, that complicates things :/

The transition from office to hotel definitely adds to the overall ugliness of the building.

And wasn't the Score going to have open studios with street screens or something to that effect. They are also in this building.

And wasn't the Score going to have open studios with street screens or something to that effect. They are also in this building.

The SW corner of the building is currently being renovated to accommodate the Score's studios, and yes, the Score plans to have an "on-street" presence.

Hyatt is apparently building out 50k sf of new conference rooms. This is all happening in the first few floors of the building. Discussions with street-level retailers are ongoing.

Back