8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
In today's precon condo market. Are there deals to be had?

Over the last few years when precon was red hot. It was next to impossible to negotiate price. Now that precon isn't selling as well. I'm wondering if there are now deals to be had? Especially the condos that are within 6 months of occupancy. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Even if you can't negotiate on price these days, you can negotiate on upgrades.

BTW, I was able to negotiate on price to get a nice discount, but that was over a decade ago. The developers have smartened up since then and generally refuse to negotiate on price now.

Even if you can't negotiate on price these days, you can negotiate on upgrades.

BTW, I was able to negotiate on price to get a nice discount, but that was over a decade ago. The developers have smartened up since then and generally refuse to negotiate on price now.

I'm more interested on negotiating with developers on units that have already been built that are trying to get rid of their last few units. So upgrades can't be negotiated at that point. Developers are offering as high as 5% cash back on some units. I wonder if they're desperate

Cash back is fine too as long as it doesn't require you sign up with a very restrictive mortgage from a specific lender.

That way the builder still gets to keep the original sale price on paper and you get your cash discount.

Note though sometimes those last units are unsold for a reason. Often it is location or layout etc.

Cash back is fine too as long as it doesn't require you sign up with a very restrictive mortgage from a specific lender.

That way the builder still gets to keep the original sale price on paper and you get your cash discount.

Note though sometimes those last units are unsold for a reason. Often it is location or layout etc.

Very true.

Back