Can't wait for rising insurance premiums to kill balconies as a trend.

AoD

That may well be desirable particularly where it stops balconies that are thoughtless tack-ons just to say there is one.

However, this isn't the reason I would want for such a change.

I think we need to tackle a core issue here, which I expect has a lot to do w/Airbnb'ers or the like, and their party guests, trashing someone else's property, likely while under the influence of any number of substances.

Secondarily, it's worth saying that balconies can be attractive and useful/usable. The fact we're used to seeing something different here is a product of tolerance for mediocrity among government, developers, architects, investors and buyers.

To be clear all of the proceeding have good people among them who don't wish to abide crap.

But it would seem they are not in the majority.

I’m moving here next week. Kind of a strange experience having been talking about this building since when it was Harry Stinson’s “Sapphire Tower”. I hadn’t even ever been on Temperance Street until last week, only peeking at it in passing on Bay.

The street has a very New York feel, from the permanently in shadow canyon to the stone building architecture. One of those stone buildings is currently being restored. Temperance has a lot of potential if that building ends up opening to the street with restaurants and patios, if the sidewalks are widened and/or if the street is converted to a cobblestoned woonerf.
564C4897-C5AE-4313-8C22-979047A724AB.jpeg

DB8491F3-6354-44A5-BFAB-B754E6CD9FAF.jpeg

4BC0A5AD-88E2-4AB5-8A61-C1E124DB4DCF.jpeg

Strange question. Does anyone know how tall the building next to INDX is ? (56 Temperance Street.) I can't find anything anywhere. Thanks everyone!

Back