News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The exterior is spectacular. It is a breakthrough for residential architecture with its sophisticated curves and elegant materials. The architecture has international significance. However, the interior looks like it needs different finishes for a warmer and more "domestic" environment.

There are always haters in online comment sections on newspaper articles, but I suspect reactions would be better if the interior spaces did not look as austere. The flooring in particular looks so plain as to be meant for commercial applications like boutique office or retail space. The interiors need a more engaging variety of colours and textures. The furniture could be better as well.

It doesn't "need" anything - some like warmth and clutter but I think it is precisely what's not required. The building need room to speak.

AoD

Last edited:
It doesn't "need" anything - some like warmth and clutter but I think it is precisely what's not required. The building need room to speak.

AoD

I would upgrade the boring countertops to natural stone and put down some fine hardwood flooring in a complimentary colour to the cladding that's visible from the interior. Even the driveway pavers could use an upgrade to granite bricks. The exterior is a masterpiece. I wouldn't change that.

Admittedly, I wouldn't be in a rush to do much except put in the furniture I need if I bought it. It doesn't look like there's anything truly wrong with it, but the interior somehow doesn't have the oomph of the exterior. A few basic changes would make it perfect in my mind.

Back