News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

My boyfriend's dad is one of those south Asians that moved into Brampton about 30 years ago. Racism is still there, just goes in a circle. My BF's Dad is in his 70s and is rather racist towards people of African decent. For example he blamed the "Ugandan's" in his area for the thefts in the neighborhood recently.

Dear brown people: I’m about to wash some dirty linen in public. Consider this an overdue act of tough love​

Free version of same https://outline.com/tbZXJ2

^Yeah, that South Asian-Black racism goes both ways though, in my experience.

I won't repeat on here what my Caribbean mates/colleagues say about South Asians.

In my experience, the least racist people are those who have either been born here or have lived here longer, regardless of race.

Exactly this.

Racism is a prejudice against someone based on their race. That's it.
It isn't though ... check the dictionary. "Prejudice, antagonism, or discrimination by an individual, institution, or society, against a person or people on the basis of their nationality or (now usually) their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized."

It's always been more than skin colour. Also ethnicity, and historically nationality.

When Hitler was talking about the master race, he wasn't talking about blond Jews. Within Europe, racism has been as much (or more) about religion more than skin colour. More recently, look at the anti-Polish racism in England that was a factor in Brexit.

Not sure this thread was worthy of being resurrected. Even I disagree with what I wrote the decade before last!

Last edited:
a Chinese bloke who was violently racist against south Asians, specifically Tamils. He was a nice guy otherwise,
um..?

anyways, you ignored the other half of my statement, which is also very important, I articulated it very badly but let me clarify: as others highlighted it is also very much related to nationality and ethnicity and cultural perspective.

Last edited:
um..?

anyways, you ignored the other half of my statement, which is also very important, I articulated it very badly but let me clarify: as others highlighted it is also very much related to nationality and ethnicity and cultural perspective.

Sorry, you edited your post....I had a laugh about the absurdity of what I had posted that you pointed out.

Yeah, I see that's probably right.....your other half didn't exactly state that though....as you say, it was pretty poorly articulated.

Back