8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

CDL.TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Jane's Walk has a great lineup of walks scheduled this year. There are over 170 planned in the Toronto area, which I'm guessing must be a new record. Only in its fourth year, the event now has walks planned in cities across 14 countries on five continents.

Tour guides in Toronto this year include an city councillors, mayoral candidates, an MPP, a former chief planner, and even several Urban Toronto members!

Find the schedule here:
janeswalk.net - Toronto
`

Last edited:
Let me plug the walk that I'm leading:

Murals and Public Art in the Junction Triangle
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2011
Start Time: 10:00 am
Est. Duration: 1.5 hours

The Junction Triangle neighbourhood in west Toronto is bordered on all three sides by railway tracks and underpasses, making it an ideal place for public art. Our walk will explore painted murals, ghost signs, graffiti, and other public art throughout the neighbourhood.

http://janeswalk.net/walks/view/murals_and_public_art_in_the_junction_triangle/

Sooooo many other excellent walks to choose from. I kind of wish this was spread out over more than two days!

I took the junction history walk today, it was very entertaining for me, as I'd never visited the junction and knew nothing of its history. Great experience all in all!

Also, thanks for posting this thread. I was unaware of this whole initiative. It's brilliant.

Back