News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Zytynsky street .. blvd. .. ave. .. etc .. somewhere in the GTA..
In my books, he deserves such tribute way more than others ..
Already put in a request with my ward councilor

Already put in a request with my ward councilor
I’m sure you we’re probably detailed but when I think of Jason’s work I mostly think of downtown MCC. One of the new streets that they have to make between the new downtown condos would make the most sense to me.

I’m sure you we’re probably detailed but when I think of Jason’s work I mostly think of downtown MCC. One of the new streets that they have to make between the new downtown condos would make the most sense to me.
He cover most of Mississauga compare to my small area and found many projects as well cover them. Council will say where new streets names are to go as well who or what gets on the list for anything name after X.

Just a note to let everyone know that one of UrbanToronto's most prolific contributors, @Jasonzed, passed away on Sunday. Jason Zytynsky's photography, particularly from aerial drones, provided amazing images to UrbanToronto threads, especially Mississauga ones, very faithfully for years, and we expect that many of you will be as saddened by this news are we are.

We do not have particulars about Jason's passing or life at this point, but we are in contact with a colleague of his who will be providing us with more information in the coming days. We will prepare a fuller tribute at that time.

This was @Jasonzed's last posted image, from Saturday in the Pinnacle One Yonge thread.

img_20210501_114107_428-jpg.316371

Craig White
Hello Craig.
I am Jason's twin sister, Karen and have just registered on this site. I thought it important and necessary to share that Jason passed suddenly at home on Sunday May 2 having lost his battle with mental illness. An overwhelming sense of anxiety and depression compounded by recent isolation overpowered him despite his valiant efforts to maintain continued hope, physical health and truly heal. In this confusing time of unimaginable pain and sorrow surrounding his passing, I wanted to ensure that you, his community brothers and sisters, all knew that reading your posts and seeing the admiration, regard and respect you all possess for him, have helped his family and friends outside this realm (particularly me and my children) to ease the pain. His commitment and dedication to you was obviously unwavering and clearly allowed him to escape his darkness as long as he did.

To shed some light on who Jason was, born and raised in Montreal but having relocated to Mississauga in the mid 90's, he was a proud uncle to his two nieces and nephew with a superbly brilliant philosophical mind, and an eccentric and quirky sense of humour. Jason had a fascination with nature and the world around him. He was indeed a lover of droning and photography, travel and adventure and truly enjoyed sharing these amazing experiences with friends and family. And for those who did not know, he was also a diehard Habs and Beatles fan (having met Paul McCartney in a Liverpool ice cream shop and walked the infamous Abbey Road), but most importantly an amazing dedicated kind friend who helped anyone in need. I am simply blown away to read how Jason affected the lives of this community. The void that Jason has left is unmeasurable. He will be deeply and sorrowfully missed.

There will be a celebration of Jason's life in the upcoming months and I will keep you posted. Again, from the bottom of my heart, Jason would be humbled, thrilled and so proud to know how you have come together to remember and honor his legacy. Sincerely, Karen

Last edited:
Oh Karen, I am just terribly sorry. As you can tell from the 7 pages of posts that Jason was a wonderfully admired member of the Urban Toronto community and touched the lives of many who never met him in person. I am truly going to miss his wonderful imagery and the conversations Jason and I had about aerial photography.

I am Jason's twin sister, Karen and have just registered on this site. I thought it important and necessary to share that Jason passed suddenly at home on Sunday May 2 having lost his battle with mental illness. An overwhelming sense of anxiety and depression compounded by recent isolation overpowered him despite his valiant efforts to maintain hope and heal. In this confusing time of unimaginable pain and sorrow surrounding his passing, I wanted to ensure that you, his community brothers and sisters, all knew that reading your posts and seeing the admiration, regard and respect you all possess for him, has helped his family and friends outside this realm (particularly my children) to ease the pain.

To shed some light on who Jason was, born and raised in Montreal but having relocated to Mississauga in the mid 90's, he was a proud uncle to his two nieces and nephew with a superbly brilliant philosophical mind, and an eccentric and quirky sense of humour. Jason had a fascination with nature and the world around him. He was indeed a lover of droning and photography, travel and adventure and truly enjoyed sharing these amazing experiences with friends and family. And for those who did not know, he was also a diehard Habs and Beatles fan, but most importantly an unwavering dedicated kind friend who helped anyone in need. I am simply blown away to read how Jason affected the lives of this community. The void that Jason has left is unmeasurable. He will be deeply and sorrowfully missed.

There will be a celebration of Jason's life in the upcoming months and I will keep you posted. Again, from the bottom of my heart, Jason would be humbled, thrilled and so proud to know how you have come together to remember and honor his legacy. Sincerely, Karen
He was even a habs fan! Clearly he was the best of the best. And I dont say this in jest (my love of the habs is well documented). Jason seemed like an absolutely incredible person and his contribution to this community is something that can never be matched. Having lost my drone loving brother to mental illness and suicide this year my heart goes out to you and your whole family and I hope you can find some peace and comfort, and thank you for sharing, I have an idea of just how difficult it can be ❤

Terrible news - I've enjoyed reading his contributions and photos over the past decade. He always had a great eye and took spectacular shots. My sincere condolences to his friends and family

It's really heartbreaking to hear what happened, and that we'll no longer get to see through his eyes in the sky. Having read this forum for a couple of years before joining, I still remember how incredible the angles he captured were; they were one of the reasons I got so interested in following along here. To think the many of thousands of people who have probably come across his work and gotten to see their city in a new light. No words can be enough for the loss of a person, and while it may not be my own personal loss, the circumstances in which it happened hit pretty personally too. I hope a conversation can be started, that we as a society need to focus more on those suffering with mental health during these times. May he rest in peace and my condolences to those close to him.

Thank you for the info. @Jodiezed, Jason was an enthusiastic member of this community and he’ll very much be missed. I just read now that he passed, I’m so very sad. Most of us here share a real passion for our city, to lose someone who was so active feels like losing a friend.

Very sad to hear of Jason's passing. Many of his photos were among my all-time favourites posted on here over the years and the forum won't be the same without him. R.I.P. fellow urban enthusiast and Beatles fan.

Back