I had my PDI today and I am so happy with how my unit has turned out. The only issues I found were paint/wall minor knicks and some missing track lighting.

I am also pleased that what I was told regarding my bedroom wall/door was true and I do have a solid wall with a sliding glass door.

I have posted photos at the link below of the unit and of the concierge desk/front lobby. There is still tons of construction going on. I was not able to view the majority of the amenities. I did see the guest suite however, and it is nice.

Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/uLp52el

Had my PDI today. Not impressed in the least. My place isn't close to being finished, and occupancy is Friday. Also, they missed at least two things I specifically asked for which were noted in my finishing/structural selections doc's. They didn't even have the power on to my unit yet, so couldn't really test appliances. The cherry on top was the flooring I selected doesn't look anything like the sample I chose from.

I'm probably going to have to move back my move in date as they are so far behind and have so many things to correct, I don't see how they can possibly come close to completing all the deficiencies in a week. And I really don't want to move in when they still have to pull wires to move outlets/switches and potentially have to replace all the hardwood.

Really thought this place would be my 'last' place, but already contemplating selling - or renting it out.

Junior 43. I'm sorry to hear that. My PDI has been delayed and I'm starting to get worried based on your experience. At the session at the Kingston Rd. church a while back, it was suggested we might find minor anomalies with the paint etc., but I had every expectation that the units would have been basically "move in ready". Have they since corrected the o/s items to your satisfaction? I wonder why they wouldn't have postponed your PDI till your unit was more fully complete (though I understand that would have presented you a different headache). Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Junior 43. I'm sorry to hear that. My PDI has been delayed and I'm starting to get worried based on your experience. At the session at the Kingston Rd. church a while back, it was suggested we might find minor anomalies with the paint etc., but I had every expectation that the units would have been basically "move in ready". Have they since corrected the o/s items to your satisfaction? I wonder why they wouldn't have postponed your PDI till your unit was more fully complete (though I understand that would have presented you a different headache). Good luck to you.

They still have 2 more deficiencies to address, but the 'big' ones have been covered off. I'm generally happy with it all now. But the first few weeks have been challenging with random trades showing up to cover off deficiencies.

Our definition of 'move in ready' and theirs are much different. I didn't have shower glass for 10 days after occupancy, and I had to move in 3 days before they installed the glass - and with no timeline when the glass would be installed at the time.

Hopefully with the extra month until your PDI they will have caught up on units. But get used to living in a construction site for a while. I guess it's all a necessary evil when buying pre-built.

This is a great building and we love living here. The layouts are thoughtful and finishings are excellent. Soundproofing is top notch!

Back