Did this area flood in 2013? I think sobow flooded. Not sure if the water got to areas near the Blackfoot truck stop?

Did this area flood in 2013? I think sobow flooded. Not sure if the water got to areas near the Blackfoot truck stop?
Yes this parcel of land that Konekt sits on flooded in 2013.

So are they doing something special to ensure they won’t get damage to the building in case we get another flood like 2013?

So are they doing something special to ensure they won’t get damage to the building in case we get another flood like 2013?
It's hard to tell without looking at the plans, but it appears the base is built up off of street level, as the rendering shows stairs going up from street level to the entrances. I'm just going by the renderings, but it looks like it might be built above the flood plain level.

Main floors in new construction in the flood plain are required to be above the estimated 1:100 water level at the location based on the latest flood maps.
So then what do you put in these areas that are in the flood plain, surface parking?

So then what do you put in these areas that are in the flood plain, surface parking?
Developers are required to put mechanical and any utilities up high enough so water does not damage them. Parking can be below grade or surface as automobiles would need to be covered by individuals not the developer. So developers are not to concerned over where the parking goes as long as they offer it to potential buyers.

This one has moved pretty slowly but should be finished sometime this summer.
PXL_20230303_000358460.jpg

Not a very attractive project, but it does add a lot of density to Inglewood on the very East end right next to the railway tracks.

IMG_1761.jpg

Back