News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

aguduser

A part of UT
Member Bio
Reaction score
A friend is weighing two options of his floorplan. He asked, and I couldn't make up my mind either. So I'm posting it here to get your opinions.

Thanks a ton,

Attachments

• floorplan_1.jpg
    floorplan_1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 323
  • floorplan_2.jpg
    floorplan_2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 326
What a weird floorplan, I have never seen a closet right on the corner, is that supposed to be a walk-in closet? anyways, in this case, a longer wall is better, the living area is very small, if you cut that wall I am not sure how you are going to organize your furniture there. Actually, I would remove that wall and leave it as a one bedroom and extend the closet for the bedroom as shown in the floorplan, then you will have a very nice and large dining and living area

Thanks, carturo15. Yeah, I don't think he can get rid of the master bedroom and turn the condo into a nice and large one-bedroom, because he'll need the second bedroom. So you're suggesting to choose the plan with the longer wall and smaller closet?

In that case, yes, the longer wall is better, you need that longer wall for the living area, it will be better to accomodate the furniture and also the space will look larger

Yeah, you definitely need to think of the unit as a whole and not just in terms of larger closet vs. longer wall (or larger bedroom).

Interesting dilemna.

Back