I see jje1000 has been up late working on my biography, nice work and attractively priced.
Thank you.

Only half a hour of my time, with a few edits later on, thank you very much.

Of course, there's considerable difference in effort between sarcastic one-liners and actual content. I doubt you actually read any of my post anyways before making that remark.

Last edited:
If either of you refer to the other again in this thread, it's Deletesville for both of you.

Personally, count me in with those who doesn't mind Lawrence Heights as-is--y'know, that deliberately-planned cul-de-saccy 50s CMHC stuff. Trouble is, socially speaking, it would've worked better on a military base...

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/1259661--lawrence-heights-project-reaches-next-level

Lawrence Heights project reaches next level

FANNIE SUNSHINE|Dec 09, 2011 - 7:30 AM

With the revitalization of Lawrence Heights now one step closer to reality, the time has come to implement the "framework of that plan," according to project manager Ann-marie Nasr.
"The Secondary Plan is the framework. Now it's time to implement the framework of that plan," she said.

According to Toronto Community Housing, work can now begin on the project's next steps, which will include zoning approvals for Phase 1 and working with the city to secure funding for that phase's public infrastructure. It will also include a study on how to improve Allen Road.

"We will get more into the specifics of what the buildings will actually look like," Nasr said. "It will take a couple of years to get through the process."

Toronto Community Housing plans to invest $350 million in new social housing.

The Secondary Plan for the Lawrence-Allen Revitalization Plan (LARP) reflects several big changes, unveiled at a public open house in October, including a reduced number of units, the elimination of development at the south end of Baycrest Park and Yorkdale Park and the removal of Lawrence Square from the focus area.

Retail will be located on primary streets and the greenway along Allen Road will now be on both sides of the street from just south of Lawrence Avenue to Ranee Avenue. Previously, the greenway was proposed for just the east side of Allen Road. As for traffic concerns, the connection between Lawrence Heights and Lawrence Manor will strictly be cycling/pedestrian paths.

The 20-year redevelopment plan calls for replacing the 1,208 city-owned housing units and adding 4,400 new market-value ones. The project will bring an estimated 16,000 new residents to the area bounded by Hwy. 401, Bathurst Street, Lawrence Avenue and Dufferin Street.

Plans for the mixed-income neighbourhood include trail networks, parks and open space, a community centre and, perhaps most importantly, a connection to other neighbourhoods, which is currently lacking due to the Allen Expressway corridor.

Construction of the first buildings could begin in 2014.

It looks like the plan to demolish the rather dreadful Lawrence Square mall and extend Marlee through has been dropped. Anybody know what happened there? Did RioCan just decide they wanted to go it alone? The street alignment in the plan as it stands would seem to leave it open as a possibility, so I hope semblance of the original plan goes ahead, with or without TCHC's involvement.

http://www.torontohousing.ca/news/2...er_partner_phase_1_lawrence_heights_revitaliz

TORONTO, April 29, 2013-Toronto Community Housing's board of directors today confirmed the corporation's developer partner and construction manager for phase 1 of the Lawrence Heights revitalization: a joint venture between Context and Metropia Inc.

Phase 1 of Lawrence Heights revitalization will cover 25 acres (10 hectares) and will include the construction of 233 replacement rent-geared-to-income units and 828 market condominiums and townhomes, as well as new retail space and parkland.

With the developer partner in place, and $40.3 million in funding for city infrastructure approved by City Council, work will quickly move forward on phase 1 of the Lawrence Heights revitalization plan. Construction of the first buildings could begin as early as 2014.

Link via Urbanation

Do recall the UT pre-history when Context is the pretty much the ONLY developer using aA (ok, there were exceptions - like Concord w/ Apex). Think Mozo, District Loft, Tip Top, Spire...each were pretty much genre defining

AoD

Last edited:
I do. I also recall being one of the few UT-ites begging other developers to use aA. Developers like Cresford, Lanterra, Pemberton, Conservatory Group, Tridel, etc.

I recall along with Building Babel aka Urban Shocker--please post again!!!--I was in the minority, perhaps even banned for these posts! :p

I predict team Richard Witt will be the new "it" architect, along with perhaps Teeple & co.

Last edited:
From Urbanation:

Lawrence Heights phase I to have 900 market condos & addl townhouses @ULIToronto @HelloContext

@HelloContext #Metropia set to bring first mid rise phase to market this fall. approx 633 units @ULIToronto

Lawrence Heights market phase I to be called The Yorkdale Condominium, this fall @HelloContext #Metropia @ULIToronto

Back