News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Haven't heard a beep. Now that Vincor is bought up by Constellation, good luck...

AoD

I was down at the Jackson-Triggs winery for a tour in February (prior to the Constellation Brands takeover) and asked. I do not remember what reason was stated for the delay, but the project was very much a "go" for them. They were hoping for a 2008 opening.

The whole project is in partnership with Boisset of France, and as far as I know, the vineyards for the "domaine" have already been planted.

I was told they are spending $10 million on the winery.

there's a brief mention in the July Toronto Life saying that it is expected to be completed this summer

Completed in 2006? That's old news repeated without the reporter bothering to check for an update I think. It would have to be substantially underway at this point for it to be completed this summer, and some paper would have started posting construction pics, etc. If Constellation goes ahead with this plan, there's no way they are going to let a Gehry-designed winery just sneak up on everybody. This thing will be leveraged for every ounce of PR it can generate for them.

This project is still alive. I'm not sure what's slowing it down at this point though.

I have a recently published book at home about the wine region, and I'm pretty sure that it said that the whole project got delayed by a year or two because of unusually long/cold/something winters that delayed the planting of the vines. I'll look it up when I get a chance.

Gehry Designed Winery

I haven't read anything in the news or seen anything on here in quite a while about that beautiful winery designed by Frank Gehry to be build in Niagara.** Does anyone know anything about the status of this?

That was supposed to be built at the Le Clos Jordanne winery near the village Jordan. Here's an old thread
from 2003 that gives an idea of what it was supposed to look like.

I believe the project is dead. Gehry even says here at the ground breaking of a different winery of his that "it never got built".

Back