News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

if you are going to put words in my mouth with "" around them...I am gonna end what I thought was a nice discussion. have a good day.

You cropped off the box that says, "Note: Concept plan subject to change". I think it is an important distinction that the design is not final. The good thing is that the City has skin in the game by contributing to the cost of these stations. This means that the City will be able to influence changes to the station designs (i.e. Metrolinx can't do whatever they want).

Very good point and that certainly wasn't the intention. I was simply trying to focus more in on the platforms to make it easier to read. Fully agree that these plans could change and aren't final.

Very good point and that certainly wasn't the intention. I was simply trying to focus more in on the platforms to make it easier to read. Fully agree that these plans could change and aren't final.
Sure...but the only way that a crossing (in this case a tunnel) would disappear is if the station was scrapped in total. For a GO station to exist, there needs to be a way for people on both sides of the tracks to get to the platform. If the station is built (very, very, likely) then there will be a tunnel crossing.

Sure...but the only way that a crossing (in this case a tunnel) would disappear is if the station was scrapped in total. For a GO station to exist, there needs to be a way for people on both sides of the tracks to get to the platform. If the station is built (very, very, likely) then there will be a tunnel crossing.

Was that meant as a reply to someone else? I haven't really be follow this tunnel vs. bridge discussion.

Feels like there's like 5 different issues floating around this thread and nothing is really being kept straight.

If the GO station remains there, it will be a tunnel simply because of the surrounding elevations. Just streetview it from King.

Meanwhile, there's the King High Line which is planned to cross as a bridge further west, but still across the planned platform. It is noted that it could potentially be used for access at some point.

Even more, there's a proposed crossing further east, which has nothing to do with either proposal, and that seems to be what this thread is about. That connection seems like it could be a part of, or at least a connection to the linear park across the way.

Also note that there are plans for the Stanley Park extension and all the ped bridges connecting it to Fort York, which will also be accessible from where the Kitchener and Lake Shore West lines diverge.

That's a lot of crossings for a place that has only a couple right now. Do we need them all? I don't know. I don't live there. It will sure help with the island sensation you get there now, though.

I actually can't find anything to criticize about the station location and the planned crossings. These projects will make Liberty Village less remote.

Feels like there's like 5 different issues floating around this thread and nothing is really being kept straight.

If the GO station remains there, it will be a tunnel simply because of the surrounding elevations. Just streetview it from King.

Meanwhile, there's the King High Line which is planned to cross as a bridge further west, but still across the planned platform. It is noted that it could potentially be used for access at some point.

Even more, there's a proposed crossing further east, which has nothing to do with either proposal, and that seems to be what this thread is about. That connection seems like it could be a part of, or at least a connection to the linear park across the way.

Also note that there are plans for the Stanley Park extension and all the ped bridges connecting it to Fort York, which will also be accessible from where the Kitchener and Lake Shore West lines diverge.

That's a lot of crossings for a place that has only a couple right now. Do we need them all? I don't know. I don't live there. It will sure help with the island sensation you get there now, though.

A visual of what's being looked at.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,076
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 973
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 922
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 911
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 956
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 965
  • 07.JPG
    07.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 932
As was discusses over the last two pages, yes. I look forward to Liberty Village feeling less like an island when its built.
I am just not sure we need 3 crossings in one very compact area....when spreading those crossings wider apart might serve more people....but I have said my piece and will move on.

Back