News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Erica and Joy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Liberty Village

We would like to share with everyone our recently acquired information on Liberty Village. There are only a few units left and the information is as follows:

Location:This Toronto condo and townhome development is located close to Toronto's core. With a 45 acre planned community, these units won't last long.

Developer: CanAlfa

Square Footage: Remaining suites range from 482 square feet all the way up to 1323 square feet

Pricing: $199900 to $499000

GST: Included in the purchase price

Parking: $25000

Locker: $3500

Property Taxes: An estimated 1% of the purchase price

Amenities: This Toronto condo complex will have all the amenities one could wish for. The community that will surround this development will consists of art galleries, grocery stores, restaurants and shops.

Occupancy: Ranges from Spring 2009 to April 2010

Contact us for more details on pricing and floor plans.

Liberty Village, whats your opinion on it.

I am not a big downtown person, just wondering how is liberty village? nice place to live?

Is it too close to parkdale? or is it a nice peacefull place to live? just wondering. how about traffic?

Thanks

I don't think its proximity to Parkdale is at all an issue. The Liberty Village area is a bit strange, its almost like a suburban pocket in the city. I'm not fond of the parking lot, metro configuration as it all looks geared towards cars.

There are many young people living in the area as well, so I'm not sure you are guaranteed quiet. However, its probably no worse than other downtown areas. Certainly its not in the entertainment district.

You have a few TTC options from there... the king st street car being the most overcrowded of them.

I have lived in Liberty Village the last 3 years and I really enjoy it. I feel a sense of community. It is kind of a little suburb pocket as mentioned by the poster above.

There is bus that takes you to Ossington station now, so the TTC streetcar is not your only option. I hated the King Streetcar when I used to work in the financial district but now since I use my car, I can't really comment.

I like the proximity to getting on the Gardiner west and it's quick.

The only major traffic hiccups is during the EX and during FC games. It can get busy to get out of Liberty Village during those times.

Lot's of new restaurants have popped up and I am enjoying that as well. I used to live on Queen's Quay and the 1st year of Liberty village was hard but the area is definitely shaping into a nice little community.

Edited to add, the proximity to Parkdale is no concern at all. I am single female in her 30's and I feel completely safe in the neighbourhood.

I am not a big downtown person, just wondering how is liberty village? nice place to live?

Is it too close to parkdale? or is it a nice peacefull place to live? just wondering. how about traffic?

Thanks

It could have been so much better, take a look at this article from Now Magazine

In some ways, Liberty Village is a west-side equivalent to the Distilelry District (former industrial site, mix of new and old, mix of employment/residential/entertainment). I think DD does it better, it has a more urban feel, and it's half as far from the city centre.

In some ways, Liberty Village is a west-side equivalent to the Distilelry District (former industrial site, mix of new and old, mix of employment/residential/entertainment). I think DD does it better, it has a more urban feel, and it's half as far from the city centre.

The centre of where anything in the city is, is now University and not Yonge. In that way, Liberty Village is the same distance to the centre as the Distillery District is.

LV is still a growing area, but has very fast connection to the Subway with the Ossington bus, plus King/Queen/Queen's Quay Streetcars being very close. By car it is super easy to get onto the Gardiner both East and West. As far as amenities, it is probably the best served area downtown with a major grocery store, LCBO, plus the requisite Starbucks, movie store, etc. all within a 2 min walk.

Like the Distillery it is an area in transition and will continue to be so for the next decade or so. Within the next year, an additional building will be built on the southernmost portion of the parking lot, helping to make that area better and add yet another restaurant, plus by the end of 2010, an additional 1000 condo's will be occupied bringing another massive influx of people and foot traffic to the area. While some of the architecture leaves much to be desired, some is terrific and a real community is beginning to be formed.

Its proximity to Parkdale is completely not noteworthy, but its proximity to tons of parks, cafes, shops, bars and restaurants is unparalleled by any other location in the city.

Last edited:
Too bad about the street life. I agree with Now mag that it's a bit of a disappointment in that department.

Yeah. There's just not the density that's necessary for that yet. However, like I said, within a year a lot of that will change. Also, a 10 min walk puts you at The Drake and West Queen West. Lot's of street life there.

It might be zoning issues meant to keep it quiet that prevent it from becoming vibrant and the historical precedent of it being an out of the way industrial district. It's far from the refinement of the Distillery District especially with the very regrettable Metro store with its lousy urban design and architecture, but it doesn't seem like a contrived tourist district.

Also Yonge is still the vibrant east/west dividing line. The street street names have a large role in perception. King East and King West conjure up two different images.

Also Yonge is still the vibrant east/west dividing line. The street street names have a large role in perception. King East and King West conjure up two different images.

what images come to mind?

to me,
king west can also be divided into 3 sections ...
wkw from dufferin to strachan - rough area with cheap 3s condo towns;
wkw from strachan to bathurst - trendier with condo towers and lofts, and industrial loft conversions;
kw from bathurst to university - entertainment district with high mid-tier condos

king east ... both areas rich with Old Toronto history.
ke from church to parliament - mid-tier condos, and design district with high-end retail like neinkamper, montauk, etc, and close to the St. Lawrence Market area;
eke from parliament to bayview - mid-tier condos with freeholds, and distillery district/corktown

To jot down some characteristics of what comes to mind:

King East - Polished historic area of great significance to the city, very dense in historic landmarks, high-end retail like furniture, more mature and less vibrant

King West - Financial district transitioning to a vibrant area in the Entertainment District, fewer 19th century landmarks, and it's booming and more contemporary

The image is based more off the focal points of the two segments than the entire length. They both vary a lot, for instance with the likes of Parkdale.

the smell is a real issue - the three times I looked at properties there I had one or more of the following smells:

1) the slaughterhouse (if the wind is blowing west) - hard to describe this smell - you'll know it when you smell it
2) the CNE/police stables horse manure (if the wind is blowing north)
3) the sewage smell from Front and Bathurst (if the wind is blowing north west)

for projected resolutions to this (if you're willing to wait)

1) could disappear as soon as the brothers sell the land
2) no chance this will get resolved soon
3) eventually this must go away after Cityplace is completely built (10 years?)

Back