Does anybody know if the plan is to join (complete) fort york rd once this is development is complete?

Does anybody know if the plan is to join (complete) fort york rd once this is development is complete?

The plan is certainly to connect it but I think they (the City) are waiting until the Bathurst bridge (not the historic part over the rail tracks) is rebuilt/repaired. This was supposed to happen several years ago but was postponed until ?? The TTC got tired of waiting and has repaired their tracks on Bathurst.

I'd have to say 'yes'. That's a new record for irony in 8 provinces and 13 states. Please don't ask for the formula required to determine that.

King West story awash with books

Much ink has flowed of late about Philistines at City Hall, with plans to hack and plunder our town's remarkable 99branch library system, but the city is, in fact, toiling to bring the total number of libraries to a clean 100.

Yes, one branch, the Urban Affairs library, housed at Metro Hall, is relocating in September to the Toronto Reference Library, dropping the current total to 98. But the Toronto Public Library 20112020 capital budget also lists two new libraries coming on stream: at Scarborough Centre and at the corner of Fort York and Bathurst Streets. And since funding for both libraries - each budgeted at about $9-million - comes from development levies and not city cash, the libraries' future seem safe. For now.

More.....http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/King+West+story+awash+with+books/5231201/story.html

The Fort York neighbourhood currently has no libraries AND no Tim Hortons... wonder what the Fords think of that?

The Fort York neighbourhood currently has no libraries AND no Tim Hortons... wonder what the Fords think of that?

Clearly they won't be going anywhere near Fort York - no need for libraries (ever) and why go when there isn't somewhere to have a gourmet snack?

Clearly they won't be going anywhere near Fort York - no need for libraries (ever) and why go when there isn't somewhere to have a gourmet snack?

Gourmet snacks are too elitist - I think it would take a double macCheese or a dozen timbits to entice those Ford mcbastards.

Rendering of the future library from another National Post article page. Not sure if it was posted before, but looks pretty decent.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/0...brary-could-make-condo-project-a-best-seller/

library.jpg

It looks like they are beginning to pull everything apart. They started yesterday and were breaking apart that massive concrete wall/tunnel/viaduct and some of the concrete walls in the center. They seem to have replaced the excavator with a small fisher-price version instead (yes, I know they come a lot smaller...but this looks like a large job for such a small piece of machinery).

The Globe posted an update about this site -- the archeological dig is finished and development is proceeding...

New front page story about Library District, which links to our new dataBase entry for this project (lots of new renderings!), is here.

In honour of the Fords, I propose the name be changed to "Liberry District Condominiums"

Back