Pics taken Sept 13, 2012

ptcvi.jpg

BNAJ5.jpg

They removed the tower today and not sure if another tower going to replace it.

Everything was being put onto trailers and the base section was being lifted off the site when I left.

It seems the library component has received its crane.

PEUfT.jpg

Image by 'lolwut.' Cross posted from the CityPlace: Quartz thread.

Lovely shot. To my surprise, it seems like CityPlace is sort pf coming together. i still wish we were seeing the quality of landscaping that was demanded at the Vancouver equivalent, but if the above is indicative of the broader treatment west of Spadina, it wont be so bad.

I don't mind the area, but I'm not sure I'd buy there. It's too sterile, at least right now. Perhaps the school, the library, etc. will brighten it up, but as it stands it's desperately in need of resident-independent amenities. Things that draw people in and make it part of the city rather than a mere pocket of activity all of which is closely tailored around the fact that you live there (i.e. a school, grocery...).

I don't mind the area, but I'm not sure I'd buy there. It's too sterile, at least right now. Perhaps the school, the library, etc. will brighten it up, but as it stands it's desperately in need of resident-independent amenities. Things that draw people in and make it part of the city rather than a mere pocket of activity all of which is closely tailored around the fact that you live there (i.e. a school, grocery...).

Its getting there. The farmers markets have been quite successful at attracting people from neighbouring areas, and will only grow bigger and better now that the pedestrian bridge should be open once they return. Movie nights in the park and a number of other things will help draw people in. The commercial tenants for Parade I and II will also create more spaces for people to linger and enjoy the neighbourhood. I'm quite glad I purchased here, as seeing a community being built from the ground up is quite exciting.

i hate how people go around judging Cityplace when it is half finished. There are still 6 of the 13 blocks in the development that aren't even finished! this community is only halfway complete.

Its getting there. The farmers markets have been quite successful at attracting people from neighbouring areas, and will only grow bigger and better now that the pedestrian bridge should be open once they return. Movie nights in the park and a number of other things will help draw people in. The commercial tenants for Parade I and II will also create more spaces for people to linger and enjoy the neighbourhood. I'm quite glad I purchased here, as seeing a community being built from the ground up is quite exciting.

Does it get pretty loud at night in the summer on the weekends ? I can imagine, given there are a lot of younger folks and renters there's likely a lot of parties ?
I mean here at Yonge at Eglinton you get that some summer nights, as there are so many rental buildings clustered together, particularly closer to Mount Pleasent. Though unless your unfortunate enough to be right beside such a party, usually closing the window gets rid of all the noise.

Back