Meanwhile, in the map below, recently posted by Solaris in the CityPlace: next phases thread, that 30 storey tower is shown to be south of Garrison Road, which is the unbuilt future address for the Context project...

Garrison Way seems to be a dead end....I dont see Garrison Road anywhere, which makes me think it is on the west side of Bathurst Street.

I don't have any detailed info on the projects, but here is my assumption. About 60% of the total development of blocks 32/36 was intended to be constructed as affordable for lower income families, while 40% will be built as market housing. The Context site could be block 36 and include the library. Block 32 is already under construction and my understanding is that it's a 41s (give or take a floor or two) TCHC building. Concord Adex has recently purchased lands in the immediate area and I don't have any specifics on the land sale, but I would assume that it was blocks 33 & 37. Sorry for the lack of hard data, I don't usually make speculative posts, but this layout seems to make the most sense.

I don't have any detailed info on the projects, but here is my assumption. About 60% of the total development of blocks 32/36 was intended to be constructed as affordable for lower income families, while 40% will be built as market housing. The Context site could be block 36 and include the library. Block 32 is already under construction and my understanding is that it's a 41s (give or take a floor or two) TCHC building. Concord Adex has recently purchased lands in the immediate area and I don't have any specifics on the land sale, but I would assume that it was blocks 33 & 37. Sorry for the lack of hard data, I don't usually make speculative posts, but this layout seems to make the most sense.

Yeah, but is this area of Block 32/36 considered The Fort York neighbourhood..and also its nowhere near Garrison Road.

Address Fort York, 100 Garrison Rd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada

I guess we will know soon enough.

Yeah, but is this area of Block 32/36 considered The Fort York neighbourhood..and also its nowhere near Garrison Road.

Address Fort York, 100 Garrison Rd, Toronto, ON M5V 3K9, Canada

I guess we will know soon enough.

AG, this is being built with the library. The library is going in Block 32/36 and this has been known for years, well before Concord started building CityPlace. As part of the development of Blocks 32/36, the mouth of Garrison Creek will be given a new life on the east side of Bathurst, just below the rail corridor, and will essentially be an expansion of Fort York Park underneath Bathurst. The address given could just be where they might be setting up a sales centre for all we know given the source (kijiji).

It's obviously Block 36. They are not building a tower in the middle of Fort York. As others have already mentioned, I think it's quite clear Fort York will be the site of the VIP "fundraiser".

... Concord Adex has recently purchased lands in the immediate area and I don't have any specifics on the land sale, but I would assume that it was blocks 33 & 37. Sorry for the lack of hard data, I don't usually make speculative posts, but this layout seems to make the most sense.

My information is that you are right about the recent land sale; it is Blocks 33 and 37, purchased by Concord Adex from Wittington Properties, the property holding arm of the Weston / Loblaw group.

Recent pics

4558057069_365781594f_b.jpg

4558687304_3a946cb094_b.jpg

Hey whats up with that tower just east of this development, it was supposedly proposed for a low-rise structure.... seems like TCHC might now be building two hi-rise towers on Block 32.

Back