News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

BobBob

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some thoughts on organizing a slightly awkward living room. The challenge is to maintain flow and access to all the doors and passages which open onto it while providing a cozy environment for spending time in. I appreciate any ideas you guys might have.

livingroom.png

Last edited:
maybe it's just me but i don't see a floorplan attached to make any recommendations.

Interesting floor plan with the doors on either side cutting off your walls. If you are open to placing the TV in the top left corner with a stand, I think you can arrange your furniture easily and allow for maximum flow and not break up the room. I would then place a sofa on the right wall with or without a right chaisse (shouldn't cover the window). I would then put a single chair perpendicular to the sofa of the left side . The door areas remain free and clear of furniture, the room provides for a continuous flow. The only problem is you can't use a wall to hange your TV and you will have to deal with all the cables behind the stand.

Thanks, cityboy. I think I get your idea. Is this generally what you're thinking?

livingroom_opt1.png

I think it makes a lot of sense. I still don't know whether a TV will be part of the picture, but this is a great approach to take in that case.

Even with just a nice bookshelf in the top-left corner, this layout would be decent. It does leave a bunch of empty space at the bottom. That could be left empty, I suppose, to open the place up and allow for better circulation.

Thanks, cityboy. I think I get your idea. Is this generally what you're thinking?

livingroom_opt1.png

I think it makes a lot of sense. I still don't know whether a TV will be part of the picture, but this is a great approach to take in that case.

Even with just a nice bookshelf in the top-left corner, this layout would be decent. It does leave a bunch of empty space at the bottom. That could be left empty, I suppose, to open the place up and allow for better circulation.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you place a TV in that spot, make sure to get blinds that block out the sun.

Good luck with the space.

I really like the TV on an angle as it creates a nice flow towards the sliding doors instead of everything being all square and boxy.

If you go without a TV then, yeah, you can place anything there i.e. bookcase, shelves, armchair in the corner for closer intimate conversations.

Back