8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like they are prepping the site for the next phase which I believe will be rental towers but I will confirm to see what's going on.
DJI_0461.JPG
DJI_0457.JPG
M-City-3-Renderings-siteplan-1024x541.jpg

Looks like they are prepping the site for the next phase which I believe will be rental towers but I will confirm to see what's going on.View attachment 221766View attachment 221767View attachment 221768.

I don’t think so. What is going on is that the company leading the construction of the Burnhamthorpe pipe project has nearly finished most of the work (should be done by spring) and are consolidating their equipment and staging area into the north west corner of the site (they are building a new fence around it.) I assume they must prepare the area to its original state before vacating it. They are probably leasing the site from Rogers and no need to pay extra if they don’t need full site.

Perhaps but for the past week they have been doing a lot core sampling of the site including today.

I saw that and thought it could be part of the site preparation/inspection (completely guessing here). But you are right it would be interesting to see which block they develop after M3 and it could be this one considering the other blocks are occupied by the presentation center and ED offices (I doubt if they want to move them for the second time?).

The M-City sales agent told me that the sales office is moving one block over and the construction office is moving to where the sales office now sits. She said that construction for M3 is supposed to start in the spring but the city planner said that due to technical requirements, don't know what they are, construction will most likely start in the fall.

The design papers/plans for M4 are currently being drawn-up by the same architect who did M1 and M2..

DJI_0944.jpg

Back