M5V Life owners out there?

Just wondering if there are any M5V Life condo owners out there on this forum.

I just put a deposit on a unit and was wondering what your thoughts are on the area and the building itself.

Look to create a forum or blog so we can share our thoughts :)

Not an owner, but I work within spitting distance to M5V. Great area, but might get a bit noisy on weekend nights. The building itself is held in high esteem on this board.

We're on the 19th facing east, the unit is called M17. Which unit did he get?

Also I saw one of your post I think you guys were playing around with the layout as well. How did you guys do that on the computer because I saw diagrams of the section sofa and dining table.

Thanks for that thread, i read all 38 pages of that. I just wanted to see if there's anyone out there that will be living there so we could connect.

I just started a blog about the building and the area itself. Right now there is only one post, but will be adding more to it. www.lifesacondo.com

Last edited:
M5v

Hello Everyone,

I would like your opinion on a unit that I and my other half are eyeing.

Its in M5V on King and Blue Jays Way. It is 721 sq/ft with a huge 160 sq/ft balcony facing east on the 19th Floor at $545 psf.

I love the area because its proximity to chinatown, queen west and of course the entertainment district. I was born and raised in the area so i'm kind of attached to the downtown urban lifestyle.

It may be a bit expensive now but I'm thinking long term as well. With festival tower and ritz carlton going up do you think property value in this area will maintain or rise? I understand that the city is pushing development in this area too.

I'm also aware of 2 potential developments directly south east and across the street east of this building. Living in Toronto no views are guaranteed.

I just saw a 729 sq ft unit with 100 sq ft balcony in the Hudson (king and spadina) with a similar layout with 2 washrooms on the 3rd floor facing king st. going for $548 psf. w/ 100 sq ft balcony and cheaper finishes.

Lend me your thoughts and ideas on what can be done with this layout. The kitchen can't be moved around but that walking closet and the wall south of the bedroom can be played around with as well.

Here's the layout:

2n9b8yo.jpg

Attachments

• 2n9b8yo.jpg
    2n9b8yo.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 525
Hey zeeden,

I think there's a similar thread here. Very similar unit in the same building too.
Alot of the commnets could apply to your unit as well.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=10581

M5V is looking to be a great development. And from the reading your comments, it sounds like you're already sold yourself on this unit.

One note on the comparable unit you saw at the Hudson - was this actually sold or just a listing on MLS? If it's just a listing, it doesn't mean it will sell for this price. Also, does this unit at the Hudson include parking?

kdub333 just beat me to it ... lol

one of my main concerns about these 2 units is the narrow 9'0" width of the LR/DR, especially if you don't have the option to move the kitchen.

One note on the comparable unit you saw at the Hudson - was this actually sold or just a listing on MLS? If it's just a listing, it doesn't mean it will sell for this price. Also, does this unit at the Hudson include parking?

Actually went to see it so its not sold yet, does not come with parking.

A unit with the same exact layout on the 7th floor just sold for $430k with parking.

I'm sold on the unit, but was looking for opinions of others as well. :)

Actually went to see it so its not sold yet, does not come with parking.

A unit with the same exact layout on the 7th floor just sold for $430k with parking.

I'm sold on the unit, but was looking for opinions of others as well. :)

Well, it's a crazy time in the market right now. But this doesn't mean the market will be just as hot in 2 years when M5V is completed. Maybe you can use other in-construction comparable buildings and units instead.
But I agree on your opinion of the finishes in the Hudson...when it was first completed, I found the that the finishes were already outdated.

Well, it's a crazy time in the market right now. But this doesn't mean the market will be just as hot in 2 years when M5V is completed. Maybe you can use other in-construction comparable buildings and units instead.
But I agree on your opinion of the finishes in the Hudson...when it was first completed, I found the that the finishes were already outdated.

I don't think the market will be as hot in 2 years but I sure hope the prices won't drop. So when we occupy this unit it will have appreciated and at 5% deposit not bad for a ROI.

Interest rates aren't expected to rise much until July 2010, by then I believe prices will stabalize.

I did visit Charlie and prices were around $530-560/sqft for a comparable unit.

But its hard to compare when we are only required to put 5% down. At least this buys us more time to put a huge down or even allows us to invest in other opportunities if they come.

Not a bad unit. But it's only worth $400PSF especially when the former M5V sales office just east of the site will be sold and redeveloped--40 stories perhaps? (imho, it's inevitable.)

Why not hold off one more year and buy when the market's balanced? There's gonna be plenty of gorgeous condos coming in the immediate area within the next 2-4 years.

But I am psychic: you've already bought the place.:)

But I am psychic: you've already bought the place.:)

Ha! - never thought about that. But zeeden did say s/he was "sold on the unit".

If you already purchased the unit, try to enjoy it! Although I guess you don't know when it'll be ready for occupancy...

Back