Member Bio
Reaction score
Feb. 4, 2008

Majestic Court
majestic080207_222027.jpg

DSC03044.jpg

from South Town Centre Blvd and 7
DSC03064.jpg

Just another reason not to head up to Markham or Richmond Hill- just more of the same old bland!

p5

how is this more of the 'same old bland'? I never thought high(er) density towers were 'typical' in Markham .... indeed its not 50+ storeys, but that's not a fair general statement

Seeing a thread is now started... this is reposted from the Downtown Markham thread (great photos marcus_a_j)

These are under construction (basic structure completed) immediately west of the Liberty buildings.

Majestic Court
majesticcourt.jpg

Site Plan
majesticcourtsiteplan.jpg

how is this more of the 'same old bland'? I never thought high(er) density towers were 'typical' in Markham .... indeed its not 50+ storeys, but that's not a fair general statement

More dense, yes.

But it's vertical suburb.

indeed its no architecturally landmark, but it just looks like any typical condos you would find through-out GTA to me, not sure how it is different more suburban in design than projects like VIBE, ZIP, Liberty Towers, Corktown, Modern, Bohemian Embassy, ... or even the recent 300 Front (only this is 2/3 shorter :)) ... all boxes

but if you are referring to the contextual environment then thats a different story ... I think plan is when the area is built out with this type of density then it wouldn't look so suburban

^I agree that this is about the same quality as that Liberty village schlock, but 300 Front St. West? Please. You're basically comparing something in Markham that might as well have been built in outer Beijing past the 5th Ring Road to something that looks like the very best of Gordon Bunshaft that would turn heads on Park Avenue.

^I agree that this is about the same quality as that Liberty village schlock, but 300 Front St. West? Please. You're basically comparing something in Markham that might as well have been built in outer Beijing past the 5th Ring Road to something that looks like the very best of Gordon Bunshaft that would turn heads on Park Avenue.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I think the second phase is 3 or 4 storey commercial building, probably with plenty of parking between hwy 7 and the building. It will be at the corner of Hwy 7 and South Town Centre Blvd (where the grass is in the last photo)

I think the second phase is 3 or 4 storey commercial building, probably with plenty of parking between hwy 7 and the building. It will be at the corner of Hwy 7 and South Town Centre Blvd (where the grass is in the last photo)

Great, the Strip Mall Beast lives on. Nice that they have their priorities straight.

You know, we never cite Bunshaft around here; about time someone did.

Not quite ... this block (Warden West District) in Markham Centre has approvals for the following built form configuration with parking located behind buildings away from the street ... 2 proposal to date are also shown below.

stringbridge-1.jpg

stringbridge1.jpg
stringbridge2.jpg

If all these Markham Centre towers were being built downtown, half the forum would be rabidly defending them, but they're getting built in the 905, so they're automatically worse than they really are.

Though you kind of have to admit that there's only a precious few projects in the entire city that aren't schlocky/precast/cookie cutter/mediocre, so it's pointless to bash the 905 for having 99% mediocre stuff and let the 416 off the hook for being only 90% mediocre.

Back