39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

APTA-2048

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Megabus, the original $1 bus, is set to have it's official launch tomorrow at 100 King St. W. Link

Megabus, which started in the UK, is a low cost inter-city bus service from Stagecoach Group. Depending on how early you purchase your ticket via the internet, your trip can be as low as $1 plus a 50 cent booking fee. Megabus started service in the US in 2006 and currently has one route servicing Toronto from New York.

Now more Canadian cities will receive Megabus service. Stagecoach Group subsidiary Coach Canada has already run their Toronto-Kingston-Montreal line in the Megabus style in the past (ie. Winter Seat sale), but will make it official tomorrow. Also recently more and more Megabus branded Van Hool double decks have been spotted on that line.

Here's a photo I snapped of one of the new buses by the Toronto Coach Terminal:
3812718994_3f1090ce60.jpg

eh? Megabus came to Canada last year. The promo for $1 from Toronto to NY sucks. There's only one way ticket left. No return ticket available. I suppose you could take the greyhound back for $42.

eh? Megabus came to Canada last year. The promo for $1 from Toronto to NY sucks. There's only one way ticket left. No return ticket available. I suppose you could take the greyhound back for $42.
Yes, they came to Canada, but just serving Toronto from New York. More Canadian cities now are served by Megabus.

It would be nice if mega bus added more Canadian cities
Probably we will see more cities in the future. Niagara would be a good one. I believe that stop was dropped from the M24 to New York, and I believe it was just pick-up only.

Here are some photos I took at the launch today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apta_2050/sets/72157622021012462/

got a round trip ticket to nyc for $14 for a date in october. can't wait to go again :D

^ When did you book it smuncky. I've been trying for awhile but can't seem to get a return trip online.

just do 2 one-way trips.

i booked mine the first day when they released tickets for sept and oct which was maybe a week ago.

I'd love the Detroit-Chicago service to be extended to Toronto. Then the New York and Chicago based services could finally meet.

Improved bus links between cities is a definite plus, but I found it ironic that they put at least twelve buses on Yonge Street during the morning rush to tout their new service (and smaller carbon footprint). The buses crawled along Yonge Street, creating traffic jams - lots of idling vehicles - north to Shuter and east along King Street, holding up the Yonge bus, and delaying street cars. The event ended at the terrace at FCP where, in the view from my office window, the turnout appeared pretty dismal.

Back