News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Is it my poor understanding of grammar, but doesn't it say the Finch lrt is late and over budget? The title says otherwise, but when I read and re-read it looks as if they are talking about the Finch line.

In either case, line 5 is probably opening next year, it'll be done when it's done.

Which I find incredibly annoying. There are a few on Eglinton that should be cut, and clearly only exists so that they could replace bus service. But now we have a bus service, so it effectively becomes a situation of "we have a local bus service, and we have an LRT that has too many stops that slow down trip times.
I guess we could mothball some of the excess surface stops if there is parallel bus service, to increawe average speeds. Just a shame that we spent money on them....

Is it my poor understanding of grammar, but doesn't it say the Finch lrt is late and over budget? The title says otherwise, but when I read and re-read it looks as if they are talking about the Finch line.

This is correct.

I would not blame your understanding of grammar; the wording is very awkward since the opening paragraph references Finch, then you get a comparison in paragraph 2 about the Crosstown which carries on to paragraph 3 but with the pronoun 'it'
replacing Crosstown.

That would not pass editorial muster from my point of view. In fairness, deadlines are a thing, and sometimes stream-of-consciouness typing does not get the once over it ought.

No track bed installation begun yet all the way from Weston to Islingtion? Yeah, this ain't opening in 2023.
If utilities are relocated and everything is ready to go, it shouldn't take too long to install them. A couple of months is all they need. If they can finish all the tracks by spring 2023, they should be able to open in fall 2023 (which is the targeted time). I suppose their expertise track installation team is small, so they'll have to do sections by sections.

They still would need to install the OCS, stations etc. They are still monkeying around with retaining walls and hydro poles and wire movements b/w islington and weston. Plus from the drawings I saw it looked like they were going to cut a pedestrian tunnel in the CP rail bridge just east of weston and zero work has started there for that. They have worked through last winter so hopefully we'll see track work mostly complete by spring.

For those lacking previews, and the click-averse, I will bring that image forward: (Future platform for Line 6, at Finch West Station)

1660229106055.png

Well looks like I may be wrong they just posted a bunch of notices that they are starting a lot of the guideway work b/w islington and weston in the next few months:

If they can get the tracks done by spring and testing started on the full route then maybe there's a chance this opens next year as planned, fingers crossed.

Well looks like I may be wrong they just posted a bunch of notices that they are starting a lot of the guideway work b/w islington and weston in the next few months:

If they can get the tracks done by spring and testing started on the full route then maybe there's a chance this opens next year as planned, fingers crossed.
I’m pretty sure there’s a hefty financial penalty if the consortium doesn’t finish on time unless there’s a Covid or act of God event that disrupts the whole project.

Back