News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What's the plan with extending the Finch line to Yonge and Finch?
There is no plan. I don't think that portion has been discussed by politicians since McGuinty cut it.

Seeing how construction of this line is smoothly moving along at a brisk pace, now would be the time to fund the next extension, but I fear it'll be one of those classic Toronto things where nothing gets done for a decade for no reason whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure i've asked this before, but i'm not sure if it was answered. But how would they get this line to yonge? Would they go to yonge n finch or like yonge n sheppard or something?

How many stops from Finch West to Yonge would be needed?? How many KM would it be??

I think this extension to yonge and Eglinton East and sheppard east are the last transit projects I would like to see built, along with some waterfront extension.

I'm pretty sure i've asked this before, but i'm not sure if it was answered. But how would they get this line to yonge? Would they go to yonge n finch or like yonge n sheppard or something?

How many stops from Finch West to Yonge would be needed?? How many KM would it be??

I think this extension to yonge and Eglinton East and sheppard east are the last transit projects I would like to see built, along with some waterfront extension.
The simplistic path would be from Finch West station to Finch station. With the stops as follows going east from Finch West. 1. Chesswood, 2. Finch-Dufferin 3. Wilmington 4. Finch-Bathurst 5. Senlac 6. Finch-Younge. This would be approximately 6 kilometres of LRT. This section would probably be below grade.

The original EA has a lot of the info here: http://thecrosstown.ca/the-project/reports/related-projects/FinchEAReport

It would be above ground until beecroft.

Last edited:
The simplistic path would be from Finch West station to Finch station. With the stops as follows going east from Finch West. 1. Chesswood, 2. Finch-Dufferin 3. Wilmington 4. Finch-Bathurst 5. Senlac 6. Finch-Younge. This would be approximately 6 kilometres of LRT. This section would probably be below grade.

That doesn't seem too difficult, 6KM underground with 6 stations & with one interchange station, a lot of that corridor could use some more density too. I hope this project gets announced and funded. Such a shame we are burying eglinton west, even after Ford selling his house in the area.

It does seem to have progressed remarkably well and it seems to have a pretty broad consensus that LRT was a good fit for this corridor so it would be nice if it would get extended to Yonge at least
Getting it to Seneca's Newnham Campus would be an ideal termination point. I also wish they'd call the it Line 6 Finch instead of Line 6 Finch West. We don't call Line 4 Sheppard East, as we know it will *one day* go west too.

Getting it to Seneca's Newnham Campus would be an ideal termination point. I also wish they'd call the it Line 6 Finch instead of Line 6 Finch West. We don't call Line 4 Sheppard East, as we know it will *one day* go west too.
Yeah, the name is weird. It implies there will be a separate Finch East or Finch Central LRT, which there is absolutely no plan for (certainly not as a separate line anyway). Also weird that we will have a Finch West station and a Finch West LRT, that goes west of the station (assuming Metrolinx doesn't suddenly rename Finch West station).

Yeah, the name is weird. It implies there will be a separate Finch East or Finch Central LRT, which there is absolutely no plan for (certainly not as a separate line anyway). Also weird that we will have a Finch West station and a Finch West LRT, that goes west of the station (assuming Metrolinx doesn't suddenly rename Finch West station).
Actually, I'm surprised they haven't renamed it. Our other transfer stations got new names (Bloor-Yonge, Sheppard-Yonge, Cedarvale or whatever they're calling Eglinton West). Finch West is a distinctly Toronto name, they could call it Keele-Finch or something. Though that would have happened in 2016, not now.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't renamed it. Our other transfer stations got new names (Bloor-Yonge, Sheppard-Yonge, Cedarvale or whatever they're calling Eglinton West). Finch West is a distinctly Toronto name, they could call it Keele-Finch or something. Though that would have happened in 2016, not now.
Yeah, although thinking about it, ML/TTC have also made the weird decision not to rename Eglinton to Eglinton-Yonge so our station naming convention is just a total disaster at this point.

That doesn't seem too difficult, 6KM underground with 6 stations & with one interchange station, a lot of that corridor could use some more density too. I hope this project gets announced and funded. Such a shame we are burying eglinton west, even after Ford selling his house in the area.
Has there been any further discussion on the extension to Woodbine, or did it get stopped as fast as it started?

Back