News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Michael Ford asked for a report on the possibility of going to Woodbine as councillor. Don't know what happened there. You could ask the new council member for the status.

Sigh, the amount of work the construction workers are putting in for these useless canopies is just sad to see. Between these canopies, and the ones we have installed by Astral for bus/streetcar stops I dont know which ones are more useless. And those Astral one's can be installed in 1/4th the amount of time at a lower cost.
Have you seen what the rest of the world use for Shelters??

If you have you will see they are way better than what other cities have, if they have shelter. A number of cities have better shelters than we do.

A number of systems are removing the glazing as its too costly to keep replacing them when they are damage illegally in the first place..

Now a nice curve overhead for a platform enclosing the platform would be great.

Have you seen what the rest of the world use for Shelters??
Yes I have.

So if we're going that route I've also seen what the rest of the world does right and it's pathetic what we're using as transit shelters since the new ones hardly do their job of sheltering from anything.

Words! Like this "subway" at Queen Street West and Gladstone Avenue (Dufferin Street) under the railway.
cornerstone1897.jpg

I'm still waiting for the Waterfront East extension to Woodbine.
On that note, I do sort of wish that Woodbine Racetrack would have changed its name to Rexdale Racetrack when it moved to Etobicoke decades back. In fact, nothing is stopping them from still changing it. It would be a nice homage to the community, which could use some love. Also, the coming GO station should probably be Rexdale too (also, to avoid sharing a name with a TTC station).

Last edited:

Back