News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

All gender is the correct term. There is at least 81 different genders. Not just male or female

Except gender isn't relevant to washroom selection. Contrary to the opinion of backwards Republicans.

Washrooms have never excluded 79 genders, LOL

Some public washrooms were historically divided by sex, not gender.

Gender was not a consideration. No one was ever excluded based on gender, or included for that matter. What social conservatives, prudes and paranoid folks got their shorts in a knot over was whether
an anatomical male (sex) might choose to enter a washroom designated for women, presumptuously on the part of those alarmed for some untoward reason.

That never was a statistically significant issue. Nor does the sign on a door prevent anyone, irrespective of sex or gender from misbehaving.

As washrooms in many restaurants and workplaces and people's homes have always been just washrooms, the sex division was never really necessary.

It served to allow for the inclusion of urinals in the open in bathrooms designated male; and the inclusion of tampon disposal in women's rooms.

When going for single-person occupancy washrooms we can include w/e equipment anyone might reasonably need, and the washroom is unisex.

Shrug. I'm pro unisex, or gender-neutral washroom, whatever you wish to call it, and have been for decades, as I see no reason someone should wait extra long in a moment of need, because the empty washroom/stall next door has the wrong icon on the door.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I’m looking for any information online regarding the abandoned plans/studies/ considerations/alternative of a downtown GO tunnel. I believe I’ve seen it referenced before either as an alternative or precursor to the DRL and/or to alleviate Union, running under King/Wellington/Front or the USRC. I’m not necessarily looking for a full study or anything, just references or inclusions of this in existing reports would suffice. I have no doubt there are limited mentions of this in any case, but it’s for a personal project so I don’t need anything comprehensive, only whatever is out there.

Normally I would think requests for information are in bad taste, but I have been stumped on finding this for a couple weeks now. Thanks in advance to the great members who know how to find this stuff, and for planting the seed of curiosity :)

Hello everyone. I’m looking for any information online regarding the abandoned plans/studies/ considerations/alternative of a downtown GO tunnel. I believe I’ve seen it referenced before either as an alternative or precursor to the DRL and/or to alleviate Union, running under King/Wellington/Front or the USRC. I’m not necessarily looking for a full study or anything, just references or inclusions of this in existing reports would suffice. I have no doubt there are limited mentions of this in any case, but it’s for a personal project so I don’t need anything comprehensive, only whatever is out there.

Normally I would think requests for information are in bad taste, but I have been stumped on finding this for a couple weeks now. Thanks in advance to the great members who know how to find this stuff, and for planting the seed of curiosity :)
I would bet that Steve Munro would be able to locate some documents:

I did find this 2011 presentation on how to relieve Union Station. Perhaps this was what you were referencing?

It talks about a list of alternatives which includes building the DRL, a GO tunnel underneath Queen St and a GO tunnel under Union Station.

1672938295299.png

1672938322059.png

1672938340811.png

I would bet that Steve Munro would be able to locate some documents:

Thanks, I didn’t think of just messaging him haha. I’ll see if he can provide anything.
I did find this 2011 presentation on how to relieve Union Station. Perhaps this was what you were referencing?

It talks about a list of alternatives which includes building the DRL, a GO tunnel underneath Queen St and a GO tunnel under Union Station.

View attachment 448634

View attachment 448635

View attachment 448636
Thank you, this is pretty much what I was looking for. I’m going to continue my search because I have some other avenues to explore now too, but this a huge help. I’ll report back with any great findings.

View attachment 448634
If something like this was proposed now I'd suggest moving it up to Dundas or down to King street, as Queen is already serviced by the OL , but its still a neat idea imo.

Back