News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Oh, here's a little something for all of you:

View attachment 483607

@crs1026 , and @reaperexpress among others may take a keen interest in where the current tender dates stands for different things.
Disappointing to see that the King Victoria transit hub is still TBD on timelines. The passenger experience at Kitchener station is rally lacking right now, especially if connecting from the ION, and people have been waiting for the upgrades for years now. The original public consultations were all the way back in 2016!

Oh, here's a little something for all of you:.

Presumably the Pickering/Whitby bridges is for finally fixing broken windows on the go station bridges that have been untouched in years (some going back to '19). Interesting there isn't a line for Durham/Scarborough brt; is that because it is an infrstructure (Ontario/Canada) project? I really wish there were consolidated views of transit projects across the region...

Presumably the Pickering/Whitby bridges is for finally fixing broken windows on the go station bridges that have been untouched in years (some going back to '19). Interesting there isn't a line for Durham/Scarborough brt; is that because it is an infrstructure (Ontario/Canada) project? I really wish there were consolidated views of transit projects across the region...

I don't see it on the I/O page.

Not sure where future elements of it are being tracked. I'm fairly sure tenders have already been awarded for some of the imminent works and so they wouldn't be in a section for upcoming works.

Oh, here's a little something for all of you:

View attachment 483607

@crs1026 , and @reaperexpress among others may take a keen interest in where the current tender dates stands for different things.
I don’t expect a concrete answer, but why are the tender dates for the Hamilton LRT still TBD? Are project tenders always marked TBD close to when they are “supposed” to start? Because this is getting pretty silly now.

Where is this from?
People always want my secrets..........LOL

Ok, I had my fun teasing.

Its actually a public-facing document, if you know where to look.

You need to go to this page:

Then scroll down to the Capital Projects Group Pipeline.

I will offer the direct link for this document, but note that it will change regularly when its updated.

I don’t expect a concrete answer, but why are the tender dates for the Hamilton LRT still TBD? Are project tenders always marked TBD close to when they are “supposed” to start? Because this is getting pretty silly now.

I genuinely don't know the answer.

But its not a bad question. Perhaps you might ask Mx.

When would we expect to see some of the meatier parts of GO Expansion show up in the capital plan? The contract has been executed, where is all the work planned to be done to electrify routes, procure the locos, etc.?

When would we expect to see some of the meatier parts of GO Expansion show up in the capital plan? The contract has been executed, where is all the work planned to be done to electrify routes, procure the locos, etc.?

Apparently, the details are still under negotiation.

From that site:

As On-Corridor Works is a complex regional project with multiple external interfaces, stakeholders, utility and operational elements, it is being delivered as a Progressive DBOM (design-build-operate-maintain) model.

In a Progressive model, the project features a collaborative approach between the project owner and the contracting partner. Before the project’s contractual schedule and price can be finalized, the parties will enter a Development Phase – a multi-stage design process, whereby Metrolinx as project owner, and ONxpress as contracting partner, work closely together to finalize the scope, risk allocation and pricing of various elements of the project. The magnitude of On-Corridor Works requires a two-year Development Phase to progress the design and construction of any early works for the project. Contract cost and schedule will be shared publicly once this phase is completed in 2024. In the meantime, project details, community consultations and other important updates during this time will be posted to Metrolinx’s website.

This is great and all, it just seems incredibly ponderous. For something first announced in 2011 to take 13 whole years just to get to the end of the development phase is excessive. One hopes this does not mean we will be waiting until the 2030s for meaningful improvements.

From that site:

This is great and all, it just seems incredibly ponderous. For something first announced in 2011 to take 13 whole years just to get to the end of the development phase is excessive. One hopes this does not mean we will be waiting until the 2030s for meaningful improvements.

We will not be waiting until 2030s for meaningful improvements.

By 2025ish we will have 30 minute 2 Way All Day and hourly 2 way weekend service on Barrie, Kitchener and Stouffville Lines. Ignoring the 15-20 minute service on the Lakeshore Lines as that is nothing new pre-covid.

However we will not see electrification and new rolling stock until the 2030s.

The project is broken down into many procurements and phases.

-Double Tracking/track improvements
-Grade Separations
-New stations/station upgrades
-Electrification
-New rolling stock

The first 3 are very significant as well for new service and that work has been ongoing since 2009.

Disappointing to see that the King Victoria transit hub is still TBD on timelines. The passenger experience at Kitchener station is rally lacking right now, especially if connecting from the ION, and people have been waiting for the upgrades for years now. The original public consultations were all the way back in 2016!
I attended a public consultation for the station which was held at the University of Waterloo Pharmacy building in 2013

I attended a public consultation for the station which was held at the University of Waterloo Pharmacy building in 2013
This is a money issue, at least for the City/Region, isn’t it? Metrolinx was only committing to the platforms or just the bare essentials for a station, while Waterloo was footing the station building. Maybe they’re waiting for both sides to commit the funding.

Back