News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Nope the fare inspectors have the same inspection device that go transit and the UPX inspectors have that can scan a presto card and see if you have paid a fare. If they see you haven't paid a fare they will write you a ticket.

I've never actually seen them use it on the TTC.
I rarely actually see them inspecting. There's always some at Spadina, but I've gotten checked a handful of times only.
And twice with Presto, I just show the card and they don't actually check it.

I rarely actually see them inspecting. There's always some at Spadina, but I've gotten checked a handful of times only.
They often check at Union

I've been checked now three times on 504 King. Fare inspections show up in your usage report, interestingly enough. The location is completely wrong, however.

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 10.53.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 10.53.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 10.53.54 PM.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 664
How? Website works fine on my mobile. Why have seperate programs for different devices?

Even then though - wouldn't it be best to wait for the new site, to see how that works?

Tried to transfer from the subway to the 506 car yesterday using Presto. I should have assumed the TTC would screw this up and that replacement buses wouldn't necessarily have Presto. I was refused boarding on the first bus.

Re autoload, is there some trick I'm missing? I've repeatedly tried to set it up over the last year on the website but it never seems to work.

Tried to transfer from the subway to the 506 car yesterday using Presto. I should have assumed the TTC would screw this up and that replacement buses wouldn't necessarily have Presto. I was refused boarding on the first bus.

Re autoload, is there some trick I'm missing? I've repeatedly tried to set it up over the last year on the website but it never seems to work.
The TTC are rolling out PRESTO on buses garage by garage so it would be quite difficult for them to assign only Presto-equipped buses to all replacement buses. It is clearly a complex roll-out so you need to be flexible. They do (partly) warn you (on the website) "What do I do if I use PRESTO on a streetcar route, but a bus without PRESTO shows up? You can either wait for a streetcar or you can pay your fare with a token, ticket or cash. Make sure you take a transfer from the operator."

I have set up auto-top-up with no problems.

ALWAYS get a transfer. Just in case.

ALWAYS get a transfer. Just in case.

Good advice..... which is maddening. All this investment in a smart card and we're still forced to use paper.

I'm getting really tired of taking transfers so that when my 501 gets short-turned at Roncy, I can get on the next car. Short-turning happens so bloody often.... TTC needs to add a rule allowing one-hour same-direction transfers on streetcar routes only. Will some people abuse it? Sure. That will add seven or eight cents to the next fare increase. No big deal.

- Paul

Good advice..... which is maddening. All this investment in a smart card and we're still forced to use paper.
- Paul
As soon as the TTC is all PRESTO (December 2016?) there will be no more paper - except I suppose if one pays cash.

As soon as the TTC is all PRESTO (December 2016?) there will be no more paper - except I suppose if one pays cash.

Cash fare will get a card loaded with a single fare. The fully implemented Presto system requires a tap to leave the subway.

I wouldn't be surprised if a cash fare is discouraged on vehicles in favour of Debit/Credit instead.

The TTC are rolling out PRESTO on buses garage by garage so it would be quite difficult for them to assign only Presto-equipped buses to all replacement buses. It is clearly a complex roll-out so you need to be flexible. They do (partly) warn you (on the website) "What do I do if I use PRESTO on a streetcar route, but a bus without PRESTO shows up? You can either wait for a streetcar or you can pay your fare with a token, ticket or cash. Make sure you take a transfer from the operator."

I have set up auto-top-up with no problems.

I don't expect that every emergency subway replacement shuttle will have Presto. I do wonder when you heavily market streetcar routes as being entirely Presto-ready and then, shortly thereafter, you set up a months-long bus replacement service without Presto.

I don't expect that every emergency subway replacement shuttle will have Presto. I do wonder when you heavily market streetcar routes as being entirely Presto-ready and then, shortly thereafter, you set up a months-long bus replacement service without Presto.

The goal is to have every buss and every sation have preto reader on them by the end of the year. The new fare gates are expected to be completed system wide by sometime in the spring of 2017

The goal is to have every buss and every sation have preto reader on them by the end of the year. The new fare gates are expected to be completed system wide by sometime in the spring of 2017

Tokens and tickets will only join exhibits at the TTC museum only after all subway stations get their PRESTO gates and every bus (and streetcar or trolley bus or wheel-trans vehicle) gets a PRESTO reader.

That's why it only seems like its taking forever.

20120711-TTCAds-FaresReady.jpg

ttc14nw8.JPG

20120711-TTCAds-Fare.jpg

20120711-TTCAds-RearDoors.jpg

Though it seems that that'll happen only after we actually get a TTC transit museum.

(I'm being sarcastic about the TTC taking so long to change over to PRESTO, with the out of date references above.)

Last edited:

Back