News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

officedweller's post.. that picture of the lobby reminds me how far along colour photography has come. Back in the day it seems that colour film was only good outdoors on a sunny day.

City of Toronto, from the Northern Railway Elevator. circa 1876 TPL
City of Toronto, from the Northern Railway Elevator. circa 1876  TPL.jpg

Canada Steamship Lines, freight & passenger terminals, Queen's Quay, foot of Bay St. 1931 (Noronic at right) TPL
Canada Steamship Lines, freight & passenger terminals, Queen's Quay, foot of Bay St. 1931  (No...jpg

Former Palace Street School, Front St. E, S/E corner of Cherry St. 1979 TPL
School became Eastern Star Hotel c,1904; later used as warehouse; became Canary Restaurant c.1965.
Former Palace Street School, Front St. E, S:E corner of Cherry St. 1979  TPL.jpg

Cherry.jpg

Then. Dempsey Hardware. NW corner Shepperd and Yonge 1955 (built 1860). TPL picture.

Now. 10:30am today, Oct 1. New location is 250 Beecroft, about 1\2 km north of Yonge Shepperd. It was moved up here in 1989 or so.

View attachment 273341

View attachment 273344

Man, my smartphone has officially replaced both my camera and laptop to post here. So convenient and easy now.

I remember Dempsey Bros. well! Creaky old wooden floors and the good ol' style hardware store - if they didn't have it, it probably didn't exist. And the Kane funeral home. Went to a few funerals there, including my mom's.

Wilkinson Public School, Donlands Ave., N/E corner Strathmore Blvd. 1918 TPL
View attachment 274324

View attachment 274328
Google Street View
And looking at the roof on Google Earth, one can see the right side of the school is the original, and further it appears
602F1F73-1E11-436D-B7DC-B99D0240D78F.png
part of the grand entrance on the side is maybe still inside since you can see the outline of it also on the roof.

Scarborough Baptist Church has operated in Birch Cliff on Kingston Road, S/W corner of Lakeside Ave. for many years - 1929 TPL
Scarborough Baptist Church has operated in Birch Cliff on Kingston Road, S:W corner of Lakesid...jpg

Scarborough Baptist Church.jpg

Back