4.7K     0 

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Oct 24

If there is a thread, them merger this with it.

This been on my due list and finally got around shooting it today. This is only a few of the 90 I shot for the area. No idea when the rest will be uploaded to by site, but these are not fix or tag

The new shift lane is mostly paved and strip except where the new QEW off/on connection is to go in as well the new south service road connection by Burger King. The curb for the new new south service road is pour with the road being graded so it can be pave.

Construction traffic lights being install at Sherway Dr and Dixie.

Rebar for the centre columns for the QEW are in place and waiting for forming that is sitting on the north side of the north pier support being form.
133A3503.JPG
133A3508.JPG
133A3512.JPG
133A3522.JPG
133A3537.JPG
133A3571.JPG
133A3565.JPG

Dec 1
Until they move traffic to the new bypass, work cannot get underway in building the south pier for the bridge. This will require the closing of the northbound road to the south service road.

Forming underway for the centre pier cap beam.

The north pier is finish and waiting for dirt to be fill in for the new road. A lot of more dirt pile up to the north than the last time I was there.

Grading is underway for the new Dixie Rd off ramp to the North Service Rd

Looks like the new road to the South Service Rd is partly in place for the northbound lanes, but missing connection to Dixie Rd. That connection cannot be built until traffic is move to the new bypass.

The new South Service Rd to Dixie is still not finish

The bypass is complete and waiting for construction lights install for Dixie Mall intersection south traffic can be shifted to it.

New longer bus bays built on Dixie Rd that will replace the current smaller stops

A few unedited photo out of the 37 I shot today and no idea when the rest will be upas I almost at the end of the my Europe trip, but still have 33 days of shot to do after that. as I almost at the end of the my Europe trip, but still have 33 days of shot to do after that.
133A5267.JPG
133A5258.JPG
133A5240.JPG
133A5252.JPG
133A5251.JPG
133A5250.JPG
133A5246.JPG

Am I crazy or is Dixie being realigned to the south which is not shown on the plans?

Am I crazy or is Dixie being realigned to the south which is not shown on the plans?
It has to be realign as there is no way to match the existing alignment and do what is plan for now. The swing from the north will be smoother as well connecting to the Dixie Mall current entrance section. The Dixie Mall Entrance is just south of map above.

They are already doing work for the north swing.

It has to be realign as there is no way to match the existing alignment and do what is plan for now. The swing from the north will be smoother as well connecting to the Dixie Mall current entrance section. The Dixie Mall Entrance is just south of map above.

They are already doing work for the north swing.

Will the old straight alignment to the North Service Road be removed?

Will the old straight alignment to the North Service Road be removed?
Yes as it is currently in the way of building the south pier.

NB drivers will have to make a left turn to get to the Service road to the QEW until the new roads are built for the NB to the QEW ramp and the Service Rd once the bypass opens.

If you look at the aerial shoot, you will see a street to the east that been partly rebuild that has the T connection in place. The rest of the road to Dixie cannot be built until the current Dixie Rd is close to allow the removal of most of it as well allow the removal of the current road and rebuilding of the new intersection for both the QEW ramp and the Service Rd. The map about show this. This what I am seeing on the ground.

I expect once that new intersection is built, westbound Service Rd traffic from the east side will shift to that east street to allow for building the rest of the NB ramp that will connect to the SB ramp for the new connection to the QEW

I just find it off that they aren't following the plan from the website. You'd think there would be an updated one.
What taking place now and the plan is a lot of temporary work as there is no way to do what it will look like at the end. It like building the 401 expansion or a grade separation for RR. Have to relocate traffic to build X and then remove temporary work once built.

A few things jump out at me from those nice photo shots.

1) Burger King has been close by the looks of it.

2) They have finally started the grading for the new north side road north of the the north pier

3) They were working on the curve area for utility at Sherway Dr the last time I was there to the point it is now close with a new connection to work on smoother curve.

4) A 2nd tunnel being built that will be under the new South Service Rd connection to Dixie Rd and you can see how it being shifted to the south past the current entrance to the mall. You can also see the sidewalk as well.

5) No idea why the south section by pass has been dug up and cover by the looks of it.

The last time I was there, they installed the fire hydrant for the new South Service Rd on the east side of Dixie and can be seen in the photo. Once that road is finished being built, the current road can be close to allow the removal of it and the building of the south overpass pier.

Mar 14
The northbound road to the south service road is now close to traffic with some work and grading the land to go over that close road for the new connection to the south service road. Could not see if anything has started on the south pier. Otherwise, not much taking place at all.

April 2nd

Pedestrian bridge at Ogden has been demolished:
1680785728080.jpeg

1680785799602.jpeg

1680785837281.jpeg

1680785876728.jpeg

1680785906173.jpeg

1680785938577.jpeg

Back