June07_Burnhamthorpe.jpg

Finally, Absolute tower 3 rising just north of the near-completed 1 & 2:
June07_Absolute.jpg

A few other observations:

- Tridel is working on foundation work for Ultra Ovation
- The crane for Eve is now up
- The sales office for Absolute is completely gone
- The Chicago sales office is being renovated ahead of the launch
- No activity at the Parkside sales office site (exterior complete, though)
- Tuscany Gates, on Eglinton, is rising fast (at least 10 floors done)
- The City has erected "pay and display parking coming fall 07" signs at all on-street parking areas
- A new 8000 sq ft 'flagship' Spring Rolls is U/C at the Sussex Centre in what I believe was the old Lime Rickey's (since then, it's been non-retail office uses). That should really make a positive improvement to the street life in that area (they are building a large patio as well).
- The Confederation Pkwy 'gateway' bridge is under construction

- Andy

One Park has a couple of penthouse floors to go.

Ahh, I see. I saw what I assumed was mechanical at the top, but perhaps just the elevator core peeking out. I really like this tower - it's amazing how slender it is compared to the Capital towers - and taller too!

On a side note, any clue why this thread would have been moved to City Photos?? Is this not projects and construction-worthy anymore?

The idea is to separate the individual projects from multiple project updates. (That said, I didn't move it)

I've been doing a photo update thread in City Photos and then putting individual pics in their own threads. The bright side is that you can now add your pics to the individual projects if you like, upping your post count. (This would also help people track progress and find pics quicker).

- The City has erected "pay and display parking coming fall 07" signs at all on-street parking areas
- A new 8000 sq ft 'flagship' Spring Rolls is U/C at the Sussex Centre in what I believe was the old Lime Rickey's (since then, it's been non-retail office uses). That should really make a positive improvement to the street life in that area (they are building a large patio as well).

Two comments:
- The Spring Rolls should be a decent addition. The patio is a great idea.
- While I appreciate the thought behind the "pay and display" spots, I just wonder how this will be enforced with all the free parking at Square One and elsewhere. It might work on Robert Speck near the MEC towers (where you pay for parking), and around Parkside Village, though.

nice update, vistaway......

Good update, vistaway. What I'm really looking forward to is Absolute 4 and 5 (Marilyn Monroe and her cousin) -- that will be remarkable.

Back