News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Just curious but anyone know if the XDE60S have started delivery?
Best place to ask that question is over at CPTDB. All I know they should start arriving this month depending on COVID-19 issues. It will be interesting to see what happen in 2021 for new buses over 100 of them to be place, considering we have 17 year buses now and failing when they are to be only 12-15 in the first place. Look for these XDE60 showing up on local route in place being on express routes in the first place. Today you will find the wrong bus on the wrong route due to lack of buses for service.

There is one person here who may know more since he more into the system than I am, since I taken a number of step back dealing with the system.

Just curious but anyone know if the XDE60S have started delivery?
The MiExpress XDE60s are currently in production at New Flyer and are scheduled to be delivered starting at the end of the month and delivery should be complete by November. They will have additional cameras as well as the new smartrider feature https://www.newflyer.com/tools/smartrider/

From the sounds of it though, the buses may not actually enter service until 2021.

The MiExpress XDE60s are currently in production at New Flyer and are scheduled to be delivered starting at the end of the month and delivery should be complete by November. They will have additional cameras as well as the new smartrider feature https://www.newflyer.com/tools/smartrider/

From the sounds of it though, the buses may not actually enter service until 2021.
Alright, this whole time I was thinking they were in Crookston waiting to be delivered cause I thought they were arriving by September 30th

A bid should soon go out for 94" 40-foot MiLocal buses with 15" 60-foot express units. Making a total of 109 new buses.

Page 4
the 11 60' hybrid buses due late 2020 may not hit the road until Q1 of 2021 and not enough time to see if the 2nd generation of 60' hybrid buses is the way to go on the next order. Given where we are with COVID-19, the order could be scale back, push down the road or put out for bid in 2021 as plan, subject to 2021 budget schedule to start the process in Oct. Transit eats up 21% of the city budget and is top dog for the budget. Various council members want the budget under 20%.

The 2003 buses are already pass due for replacements by 2 years and could be 3-5 years before they are that hasn't been seen since the early 90's. 2005 are due now for replacements keeping with the current 15 year life cycle, not the 12 years as plan due to cost. It's why you see the wrong bus on wrong routes from time to time. What every is in the yard for service goes out on X routes so riders will have a bus as schedule.

If all 109 buses are order, will be interesting to see if they all get the same year number that will be 5 numbers or split between 2 years numbers.

If all 109 buses are order, will be interesting to see if they all get the same year number that will be 5 numbers or split between 2 years numbers.
Thinking about it again they might as well do it as they did to the 2008 orders. Like how 0801-0844 but since the D60LFRS arrived they switched it to 0901-0925 even tho it's still the 08 batches. So i'm guessing the XDE60S will be 2001-2011 and the other 109 buses could be 2020-2090?.

Thinking about it again they might as well do it as they did to the 2008 orders. Like how 0801-0844 but since the D60LFRS arrived they switched it to 0901-0925 even tho it's still the 08 batches. So i'm guessing the XDE60S will be 2001-2011 and the other 109 buses could be 2020-2090?.
More like 2001-2011 for the XDE60, 2100-2199-2200-2209 assuming they are being delivery late 2021 or 20001-20109 or 22001-22110 with order completed in 2022. Will not be the first system to use 5 numbers.

During miWay budget presentation, staff will most likely request approval to tender the buses ASP, with a closing date in Jan or sooner and a contract awarded within weeks of closing. NFI will most likely have sharp pens to beat NovaBus for this order since they started delivering buses since 2003 with the exception of a few years by Orion and now NovaBus.

Sooner or later we will see battery buses in the system and long over due. Unless BYD buses being tested by TTC get a passing grade, they lost the market here since the other 2 are already have a proven track. Have to wait to see what NovaBus will offer down the road. Wasn't impress with BYD 60' that was up here a few years ago, but was impress when I saw them in Indianapolis last year.

During miWay budget presentation, staff will most likely request approval to tender the buses ASP, with a closing date in Jan or sooner and a contract awarded within weeks of closing. NFI will most likely have sharp pens to beat NovaBus for this order since they started delivering buses since 2003 with the exception of a few years by Orion and now NovaBus.
Honestly, it would be better if New flyer supplied it. Most of the drivers hate the novas and you know what happened to the other two that we're retired. I've spoken to a lot of drivers and they said the XD40's are pretty comfortable. Would be nice to see 94 XE40S.

I get the feeling that hydrogen transit buses are kind of DOA. Maybe for commuter long distance travel (GO buses), but even there EVs should perform well, especially if given time to lay over and charge. Maybe intercity?

$1M premium over diesel per bus is pretty steep when the hydrogen is still pretty expensive as a fuel!

Cross posting Oct 06

Cooksville GO – MiWay buses: routes 28 and 91 will use new bus loop starting tomorrow
5f7ced4e06b6a361d7fcbb11.jpg
5f7ced4e06b6a361d7fcbb12.jpg
Cooksville GO passengers: Starting tomorrow, MiWay buses: routes 28 and 91, will use the new bus loop to pick up and drop off passengers.

Please board route 28 at platform 6 and route 91 at platform 7.

The new bus loop is located on the north side of the parking garage, between the west tunnel and pedestrian bridge.

MiWay buses: routes 28 and 91, will no longer use the north-west corner of Hurontario Street and John Street to pick up and drop off passengers.

Click here to get the most recent construction updates on your station.

For the mast few months, I've been noticing the 110 isn't getting any artics, even tho it's really rushy during Peak AM/PM. Is there a reason for this? I know the 109/101 are really bussy to but can't they just dispatch the Orions onto those routes? along with the XD40S.

For the mast few months, I've been noticing the 110 isn't getting any artics, even tho it's really rushy during Peak AM/PM. Is there a reason for this? I know the 109/101 are really bussy to but can't they just dispatch the Orions onto those routes? along with the XD40S.
I haven’t seen any artics on those routes either at times. Even if we are in the dead center of Peak times. I don’t really understand what’s going on. It’s the same with brampton with zum for some times and for the relevance, the 502 for the most part does have artics 90% of the time but it still is better than miway’s artic situation

Back