News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I haven’t seen any artics on those routes either at times. Even if we are in the dead center of Peak times. I don’t really understand what’s going on. It’s the same with brampton with zum for some times and for the relevance, the 502 for the most part does have artics 90% of the time but it still is better than miway’s artic situation
If ridership demand doesn't justify the need for artic's, then 40' will be use. There are routes that normally saw 40' buses and are seeing artic's now.

103 is seeing some artic's.

2 is also seeing more artic's these days.

Most buses I have seen, especially yesterday for 502 are using artic's with some 40' buses which was normal before COVID-19.

Cost more to put artic's on the road than 40' and using 40's is cost saving.

Cross post

Regarding your recent inquiry, there will be a full closure of QEW & Hurontario. The on/off ramps will be used as artillery lanes to bring vehicles out of the QEW. The specifics and details are being developed and coordinated with MTO and will be announced once these are finalized.

First activities in 2021 in the area will be further south from Port Credit, and then move north towards South Service Rd.

THESE ARE NOT MY PHOTOS (friend from facebook) sent it
1602871495461.png
1602871526776.png

The express lettering on the new buses are below the driver window as well the logo.

Could see them in service by Christmas.

Looks like we got one of those filler service changes (in fact the whole gta as well), maybe with the exception of 42 Derry

I've been looking at T55 for the past months and I've been seeing a lot of the 05xx D40LFS returning back to service. 0571 was MIA for months and came back 1 week ago. Does MiWay still have plans to keep them for 1-3 more years?

I've been looking at T55 for the past months and I've been seeing a lot of the 05xx D40LFS returning back to service. 0571 was MIA for months and came back 1 week ago. Does MiWay still have plans to keep them for 1-3 more years?

This really isn't a place for bus fleet discussion, more for noting service trends and major changes. You might have better luck at CPTDB, where these types of questions are their bread and butter.

miWay service for the new Kipling Hub will happen either Dec 21 or Jan 4 as those are the next service board changes with Jan 4 being the main date. Can't see the change of location before Dec 21 since there is too much restructuring of service and routes. Even Dec 21 change is only a short one for the Holidays and could cause some confusion for riders.

Even Jan 4 and the first week will see rider confusion with riders still getting off at Islington looking for miWay only to see noticed of the move.

Either late Jan or in Feb, TTC will close all their current bus bays and move them to the south end.

Time to photograph miWay buses at Islington as well the terminal since it will disappear in 2021.

Proposed 2021 budget for MiWay: https://www.mississauga.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/16161859/D_MiWay.pdf

Proposed 2021-2030 Capital Forecast Highlights: (Page 38)
• $440.6 million for bus replacement program – MiWay plans to replace 409 buses over the next 10 years. These buses are currently diesel buses and will be replaced with hybrid buses - (2021-2030)
• $427.7 million for Dundas Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Lakeshore Higher Order Transit (HOT) and the Downtown Mississauga Terminal and Transitway Connection (DMTTC) - (2021-2026)
• $66.3 million for major bus component rehabilitation - (2021-2030)
• $58.2 million for Express Bus Corridor enhancements - (2021-2030)
• $26.6 million for Hurontario Light Rail Transit Implementation - Corridor Enhancements - (2021-2024)
• $22.0 million for growth buses program – MiWay has deferred all growth buses from 2021 to 2023 due to declining ridership caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Sixteen hybrid buses for growth are planned for 2023-2030 • $22.0 million for transit information systems upgrades and other equipment replacements - (2021-2030)
• $11.4 million for transit shelters - (2021-2030)
• $10.0 million for Presto equipment replacement - (2021)
• $6.1 million for bus landing pads - (2021-2030)

Savings from Kipling Bus Terminal: (Page 26):
When the Kipling Bus Terminal is completed by year end, MiWay will move its operations there from Islington Subway Station. This will result in a savings of $4 million in 2021 while maintaining the same frequency and spans of service with no customer impacts.

Route 100 and 185 continues to be cancelled into 2021: (Page 8)
As a result of lower customer demand, two express services Route 100 - Airport Express and Route 185 - Dixie Express were cancelled in spring 2020. Both routes have local routes as alternatives. MiWay will continue with the cancellation of these services in 2021

Last edited:
Route 100 and 185 continues to be cancelled into 2021: (Page 8)

107 could clearly just be extended to Winston Churchill as initially intended, and also increased frequency. The result would literally kill the 100 (as 107 has the viscount connection so you could just use the terminal link to the airport). The 185 needed work from the very beginning. Dixie Outlet-Trinity Common would be the ultimate way to bring a huge amount of ridership along, although this will never happen due to the lack of creativity peel region has, and even then I think the final word to this route is Outlet-BCC

107 could clearly just be extended to Winston Churchill as initially intended, and also increased frequency. The result would literally kill the 100 (as 107 has the viscount connection so you could just use the terminal link to the airport). The 185 needed work from the very beginning. Dixie Outlet-Trinity Common would be the ultimate way to bring a huge amount of ridership along, although this will never happen due to the lack of creativity peel region has, and even then I think the final word to this route is Outlet-BCC
100 route is different from 107 and at this point a waste of money. It should remain dead until a new transit hub is built at the airport.

100 should run from CCTT to the airport, not Winston Churchill. 107 replace 100 from Winston Churchill and this will require one less transfer to/from Winston Churchill in place of CCTT.

Given the ridership for 185 before COVID-19, extra cost to go to/from Dixie Mall and not worth it. In fact, it hard to justify 185 in the first place and have used that route a number of times.

Back