News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

20211129_174614~2.jpg

These middle rear seats are far less comfortable now

View attachment 366048
These middle rear seats are far less comfortable now
They are found on other so undeem safe seats. Pure dumb and the only system that doing this that I am a wear of. We were on a 500's bus Sat and standing room only as there were no seats to be had that were not block off. A total of 7 lost seats now. What is the city going to do when riders take a spill while standing on buses with no seats and file claims???

The PA systems saying these days that riders must hold onto the straps and poles for their safety. That is great if you can find a pole or tall enough in good health to reach those straps, but those hard foot break drivers will send you flying or the dumb car drivers who cut the bus off doing illegal turns in front of it.

Regardless of the seat sign, I still sit in those so call unsafe seat.

January 3, 2022 service changes: https://www.mississauga.ca/miway-transit/announcements/service-changes-on-monday-jan-3-2022/

Revised Routings
-Route 57 will terminate at Davis Campus (via Mavis Road) instead of Meadowvale Town Centre. Britannia Infield Loop service reduced.
-Route 8 will resume service to the Mississauga Seniors Centre between 8:30am and 4:30pm.

Increased Service
-Route 39: 20 min frequency during weekday peak periods.
-Route 42: 26 min frequency all day on Sunday.
-Route 66: 17 min frequency during weekday late evening.
-Additional school trips on routes 8, 10, 13, 26, 304, and 306

Service Adjustments
-Weekday: route 36, and 42.
-Saturday and Sunday: route 11.
-Sunday: route 22.

5 hybrid-electric articulated buses entering service: https://www.mississauga.ca/miway-transit/announcements/new-hybrid-electric-articulated-buses/
Image_NewFlyer2152_V2_Artic_1200x628.png

Which also connects to Brampton Transit at Lisgar GO and at Winston Churchill/Steeles.

Given that most of this route operates within Halton Hills, I'm a little surprised to see this go forward, though it is a badly needed connection nonetheless.

Is there any history of transit service between Oakville and Milton?

Which also connects to Brampton Transit at Lisgar GO and at Winston Churchill/Steeles.

Given that most of this route operates within Halton Hills, I'm a little surprised to see this go forward, though it is a badly needed connection nonetheless.
Another route for the Steeles corridor is always appreciated especially one that serves the outlet. Now if we get an eastern connection that continues through Taunton from Scarborough, we would have cross regional transit from Milton to Oshawa.

Is there any history of transit service between Oakville and Milton?
There isn't even a history of transit service in Milton - it only started up 16 years ago. In fact, I seem to recall reading an article around that time that stated that Milton was the largest town in Canada without public transit.

The only direct service that I can find was GO's short-lived route 20 Milton-Bronte/Oakville service, which started in April 2008 and was gone less than 10 years later.

Dan

Starting Jan 9, 101,101A, 107 will be remove from service due to COVID-19 issues. 103 will see longer headway. Not surprise at this since other systems are cutting service due to lack of staff.

As long as ppl don't get their shots, the longer we will have to deal with COVID issues and training ppl to replace staff who have been let go for not getting their shots. Don't feel, sorry for those who have lost their job by not getting their shots.

Cross Posting

I am assuming this is happening to other transit systems.

Starting Feb 1, all riders using Mississauga Transit to/from the GO System will not have to pay an extra fare using their Presto card. At present time, riders must pay $.80 to rider Mississauga Transit to/from GO.

I expect the same thing will happen for those who buy a GO fare from any GO Transit Machine or station agent.

<https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=18563>

Another step to create fare integration to make transit a lot cheaper to use.

This also allows a possibility of a free transfer between GO and Brampton/Oakville Transit although having to tap on a MiWay bus first. I wonder if it could also be applied in reverse such as for example, starting from Brampton to a GO station via Miway.

Effective January 17, routes 76 and 110 will be suspended and articulated buses will be reallocated to routes 1, 7 and 26 to help with loading.

This follows the January 7 suspension of routes 101/A, 107 and reduced service on route 103. The 103 also saw service suspended for last weekend only (January 8 and 9).

Service changes for February 21, 2022:

2 Hurontario - PM peak frequency increased from 10 to 8 minutes (1 bus added)

17 Hurontario - Interlined with new route 18 during weekdays with slight reduction in frequency (see below). After 10:00pm route 17 will continue to interline with route 2 during late evening service.

18 McLaughlin/Derry - New route operating on weekdays between Hurontario/407 Terminal and Sheridan College via Derry and McLaughlin. Service will operate between 5:00am and 10:00pm and be interlined at all times with route 17 Hurontario. Frequency on both routes will be 12-13 minutes during the day.

48 Erin Mills - weekday frequency further reduced to 39 minutes all day from 27 (1 bus removed).

61 Mavis - expand span of PM rush hour service later into evening, increasing evening frequency to 17 minutes from 35.

73 Kamato - service reduced to 35 minutes from 24. 1 bus will be in operation, no longer interlining with route 74 at Dixie Station.

74 Explorer - service reduced to 45 minutes from 25. 1 bus will be in operation, no longer interlining with route 73 at Dixie Station.

Trillium Hospital - Routes 28 and 103 will continue to serve on street stops. 103 will loop using Queensway, Confederation and Paisley and serve the NB stop at Hurontario and Floradale rather than Paisley.

Reactions: rbt

Back