Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 372
June 28 update.

The grey concrete will be painted black eventually. Should look nice based on the renders.

IMG_2475.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 304
That's actually disappointing. I love the way it looks now. I don't know why, but the simplicity and minimalism make this one of my favourite buildings in Canada. Honestly, Montreal puts the rest of Canadian cities to shame when it comes to quality. Nice architecture, nice proportions, curtainwall on EVERYTHING. The only city that might stand a chance is Calgary, but eventhey use window wall on most residential building. I wish Toronto's new buildings would look as good as Montreal's and use curtainwall :(

Looked much better before they painted it. Also, I wish they handled the mechanical levels better. Before the paint and the poor treatment of the mechanical levels, this was looking to be my favourite new building in Canada; I really like it's well executed (until the mechanical level) minimalistic design; I honestly would not have expected panels of glass the size of the actual squares in the design. If this was in Toronto, they definitely would've cheaped out and put 4 smaller sections of glass or something.

The grid pattern was more pronounced prior to the final treatment and seemed to fit better with the buildings around it. But it still looks pretty sharp to me and I quite like the base. I agree the Montreal projects generally do look more polished with a better quality finish (so far), hopefully that will continue.

Back