News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

15.jpg

Whoa, eat your heart out, nightmare on Elm Street.

It's like the 70s was just a big competition for who could build the most offensive-looking building.

it's so offensive that i kinda like it.

the ITHQ on the other hand is fugly. very davis centre-ish.

For comparison purposes, here's what the ITHQ looked like before it's 2003 renovation...

215881.jpg

And today...

04.jpg

Just wow on that reno...

And, question - why can't we build them like this
18.jpg

on Toronto's main avenues? Why, dammit? WHY!

The building doesn’t look that good in person, I like the design but the pre-cast is horrible. I will take Mozo, Morgan even some cityplace towers over this.

When we examined this building, we didn't see a single piece of pre-cast anywhere. The building is comprised completely of cut stone, black brick and glass panels. Also to compare it to CITYPLACE?!? buildings is laughable. There are plenty of new condos being built in Toronto - in and around the King West area in particular - that would make far better comparisons. Montreal IS capable of building absolutely fantastic residential projects, as is Toronto - and this is an example of one of the best new buildings I have ever seen in both cities. Perfectly urban, Top-notch design and quality materials, and perfect scale.

I saw this building in the summer and I could have sworn the grey detailing around the roof was pre-cast. But if you say it is stone I will take you word for it.

Also to compare it to CITYPLACE?!? buildings is laughable.

I don’t think my opinion is laughable, to each their own I guess.

Construction Problems at the BNQ

The photo of the alley behind the BNQ highlights one of the problems they've had with this building. Several of the glass panels have popped off the facade. Notice all of the gaps. I don't think anyone's been hurt yet, but I'm not sure if they've figured out how to correct the problem.

Back