39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The fight to stop Nestlé from taking America's water to sell in plastic bottles

Creek beds are bone dry and once-gushing springs are reduced to trickles as fights play out around the nation over control of nation’s freshwater supply
By Tom Perkins

Tue 29 Oct 2019 06.00 GMT

I saw this article that Ontario blocked all new water bottling permits until Jan 2020. I wonder if they extended the ban?

I think it’s time for Premier Ford to tell Nestle and all bottled water firms that they have ten years to exit Ontario. Firms that extract water for beer or other value added reasons are fine, so let Nestle make ice tea or whatever, but no more pure water bottling.

Don't forget about using the minerals from groundwater to make pizza dough. Pizzas from pizzerias in NYC are known for their unique crust made from their tap water that has certain quantities of minerals present.

Toronto-style pizza can have unique crust flavouring made from groundwater.

Don't forget about using the minerals from groundwater to make pizza dough.
I suppose that's why Creermore and Sleemans beer has a unique flavour. If Nestle wants to pump water to make value added product and thus add employment to Ontario they should get the same consideration as any other business. But water for municipal and residential use should never be blocked by commercial bottlers.

Back