News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
An odd thread, I know, but I couldn't resist.

Those of you who have followed my posts through the years know I boast a reasonably large lexicon and take a certain amount of pride in being able to express myself
with a measure of specificity. LOL

Which is to say, its not that often I see an English-language word that's genuinely new to me.

Today, was one of those days.

From the Twittersphere:

ultracrepidarian:

ul·tra·crep·i·dar·i·an
/ˌəltrəkrepəˈderēən/
adjective
adjective: ultracrepidarian; adjective: ultra-crepidarian
  1. expressing opinions on matters outside the scope of one's knowledge or expertise.
    "“Dad, how do we know the universe is expanding?” inquires your six-year-old. Try answering that without resorting to an ultracrepidarian trick here or there"
noun
noun: ultracrepidarian; plural noun: ultracrepidarians; noun: ultra-crepidarian; plural noun: ultra-crepidarians
  1. a person who expresses opinions on matters outside the scope of their knowledge or expertise.
    "most patients are ultracrepidarians when it comes to medicine"
Just had to share that.

But feel free to add your own interesting discoveries.

How you determined to attach your post to this thread is beyond me, but my first reaction is to question the existence of a condo in a "small and remote" community (assuming Ontario). Maybe they exists but I've lived in several such communities and never seen one. That aside, the last thing I would install is an elevator, particularly outside of an urban area where maintenance services exist. Design a bungalow.

Or I just responded to spam.

Reactions: DSC
How you determined to attach your post to this thread is beyond me, but my first reaction is to question the existence of a condo in a "small and remote" community (assuming Ontario). Maybe they exists but I've lived in several such communities and never seen one. That aside, the last thing I would install is an elevator, particularly outside of an urban area where maintenance services exist. Design a bungalow.

Or I just responded to spam.

The latter.

MoD

Back