News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Next Toronto Sports Team to Win a Championship?

• Argos

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Blue Jays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto FC

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Maple Leafs

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Raptors

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

marcus_a_j

Member Bio
Reaction score
Which professional Toronto sports team will be the next team to have a parade down Yonge Street after winning the championship for their respective league?

Argos: 15 Grey Cups, last in 2004. Missed 2009 playoffs and were pretty lousy all season.

Blue Jays: 2 World Series wins, last in 1993. Haven't been to the post-season since 1993.

Toronto FC: Three seasons, 0 playoff appearances. Each season has gotten better for the young franchise.

Maple Leafs: 13 Stanley Cups, last in 1967. Have missed the playoffs the last four seasons.

Raptors: 0 Championships. 5 playoff appearances, 1 playoff round win. Missed playoffs last year.

note: The Marlies and the Rock could also go on the list, but I feel they don't garner enough attention across the general sports media in the City, and to keep the options limited to 5.

note: The Marlies and the Rock could also go on the list, but I feel they don't garner enough attention across the general sports media in the City, and to keep the options limited to 5.

Gah! you left out the Rock, that's who I was going to vote for!

Since I cannot vote for the team I want to... I voted for the Argos since they have the greatest chance of winning since there's only 9 teams in the league.

I voted for the Argos since they have the greatest chance of winning since there's only 9 teams in the league.

LOL. I don't really follow sports but is this telling me all of our teams suck?

Gah! you left out the Rock, that's who I was going to vote for!

Since I cannot vote for the team I want to... I voted for the Argos since they have the greatest chance of winning since there's only 9 teams in the league.

Only 8 teams in the CFL (currently). Ottawa will be back in a few years after Lansdowne is redeveloped IIRC.

I was going to vote for the Rock as well, but they are the only team that has a legitimate chance of winning so I thought it would skew the results. I voted for the Raptors who could possibly make it deep in the playoffs for the next few years assuming they are able to resign Bosh.

Back