22 Feb 2014
lrlXmyQ.jpg

YrBeMDI.jpg

Love the added shade this building is providing. I'll be sure to seek out this street more often come summer time. Fabulous canyon effect with no set backs too!

Last edited:
A few quick snaps I took today:

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,120
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,129
Good progress so far. I think the latest expected occupancy date is this fall so we'll see how it goes.

There's a term for the contribution a developer makes toward improving the surrounding area for a zoning exception, I forget what it's called. Does anyone know whether this developer had to 'improve' any surrounding buildings or spaces? Its sort of a grimy corner, but with nice potential.

There's a term for the contribution a developer makes toward improving the surrounding area for a zoning exception, I forget what it's called. Does anyone know whether this developer had to 'improve' any surrounding buildings or spaces? Its sort of a grimy corner, but with nice potential.

Perhaps you are thinking of bonus or incentive zoning? I'm not sure if any were applicable for this development. Someone else in the know may be able to better respond.

Perhaps you are thinking of bonus or incentive zoning? I'm not sure if any were applicable for this development. Someone else in the know may be able to better respond.

I was thinking specif about the old Scientology cult building and its broken windows...

Section 37 benefits. Negotiated between the developer and Councilor for community benefits for an increase in the permitted height and/or density. What the S.37 $$$'s go towards is also part of the negotiations and included in the By-law that gets passed.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-23833.pdf

see p2: Improve streetscape to St. Mary St and Nicholas St

Not listed on that page was funding for the Yonge St. Heritage Conservation District.

Section 37 funds wouldn't go to fixing up another private building.

I wonder what in Xenu is going on with the Scientology building. They're too busy brainwashing and bilking the unstable to get their building permits?

I read an article somewhere about Scientology and the property it owns. Apparently a lot of it's real estate holdings are in similar, abandoned states, where scientology claims that renos of some kind are about to happen, but don't. I think the city of San Diego is suing the church for not doing anything with it's property there. Toronto should do the same thing and get rid of the thetans there. I remember when the Brother's diner was on the main floor, before the asshole scientologists kicked them out. I learned my love of mayo on a club there.

I read an article somewhere about Scientology and the property it owns. Apparently a lot of it's real estate holdings are in similar, abandoned states, where scientology claims that renos of some kind are about to happen, but don't. I think the city of San Diego is suing the church for not doing anything with it's property there. Toronto should do the same thing and get rid of the thetans there. I remember when the Brother's diner was on the main floor, before the asshole scientologists kicked them out. I learned my love of mayo on a club there.

That's odd because property taxes, insurance etc still needs to be paid; so why not sell? But, why believe in aliens?

Back