Among the more dignified buildings in the area, this thing sticks out like a sore thumb from every distance and every angle.

It's pretty terrible, but I didn't expect much with that wkward site. But my goodness, people are paid top dollar to design crap like this. Shame.

You guys know that the blue spandrel walls will be covered by the next buildings to be built immediately to the south, right? We've published that info pretty much every time we've done a story on this building. It doesn't make sense to spend more on those walls than they already have, and sure, they could have gone for a more sober expression, in which case others would be grumbling about the south walls being too dull.

You guys know that the blue spandrel walls will be covered by the next buildings to be built immediately to the south, right? We've published that info pretty much every time we've done a story on this building. It doesn't make sense to spend more on those walls than they already have, and sure, they could have gone for a more sober expression, in which case others would be grumbling about the south walls being too dull.

My issue isn't even with the color. It's with how ugly this thing looks at every vantage point. It is a giant ugg.

The balconies are not glazed yet, so how pretty do you want them to be during construction? With those south walls set to disappear in the future, all you're going to see of this building over the long term is a couple of slender slices of glazed balconies. Methinks thou dost protest prematurely.

So what will happen to the south facing balconies on this building when the next buildings are built? Will they be completely boxed in or face into an internal courtyard? Sounds pretty dreary.

The issues with this building's design go a bit beyond the colours employed on its firewall.

EDIT: I've edited out my critique of the building and of the defence of developer mediocrity that regularly plays out on UT. I accept that we come from different places and hold even the lesser developers to different standards. No sense arguing against "the regime". :p

Last edited:
The balconies are not glazed yet, so how pretty do you want them to be during construction? With those south walls set to disappear in the future, all you're going to see of this building over the long term is a couple of slender slices of glazed balconies. Methinks thou dost protest prematurely.

All you could have said was "I disagree" :cool:

So what will happen to the south facing balconies on this building when the next buildings are built? Will they be completely boxed in or face into an internal courtyard? Sounds pretty dreary.

Yes, the balconies that face the central lightwell will eventually face a deeper lightwell: the next buildings would be a pair of points towers positioned south of the blue spandrel walls.

The issues with this building's design go a bit beyond the colours employed on its firewall.

EDIT: I've edited out my critique of the building and of the defence of developer mediocrity that regularly plays out on UT. I accept that we come from different places and hold even the lesser developers to different standards. No sense arguing against "the regime". :p

It really is okay to argue. "The regime" only kicks in when trolling or abuse becomes the issue. A valid argument is understood as a different animal.

All you could have said was "I disagree" :cool:

Ehh, I'm not so into the unhelpfully vague.

The repeated blue patterned spandel wall reminds me of 80's sportswear graphics.
Looks already really dated and annoying.
If you look carefully in the photo above, like they already screwed up the pattern on the right side, 4 rows down from the top.

Having a random pattern would look so much better, like what was done at RCMI.

Yesterday:

IMG_4185No210.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4185No210.jpg
    IMG_4185No210.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 840

Back