• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

Goes to Executive Committee on June 10, to allow Fort Edmonton Park to sublease the land to Edmonton Nordic Spa Ownership Group (ENSOG) Structures Ltd.:
http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=2352&doctype=AGENDA (Item 6.5)

Last edited:
I love more tourist attractions in the city! :)

Nordic Spa - Parkland County
Construction of a Nordic Spa in the Edmonton region. The location within Parkland County has not been specified. There are two Nordic spas currently proposed in the Edmonton region.
Municipality:Parkland County
Sector:Tourism / Recreation
Type:Attractions
Schedule:Commencing 2021
Estimated Cost:$50.0M
Stage:Proposed
Developer:Nordik Group

Nordic Spa - Parkland County
Construction of a Nordic Spa in the Edmonton region. The location within Parkland County has not been specified. There are two Nordic spas currently proposed in the Edmonton region.
Municipality:Parkland County
Sector:Tourism / Recreation
Type:Attractions
Schedule:Commencing 2021
Estimated Cost:$50.0M
Stage:Proposed
Developer:Nordik Group

I heard this will be near Big Lake - my guess is somewhere around here: https://goo.gl/maps/1NQePZwyyT6L5P3MA

Hard to believe they'd be allowed to develop within Wagner Natural Area, if that is the actual location. Perhaps the pin is a little off and it's actually just outside Wagner?

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about proposed zoning changes to allow for a nordic spa at 7000 143 Street NW.
Date: Wednesday September 4, 2019
Time: 5:30-8pm
Location: Whitemud Equine Learning Centre Association, 12504 Fox Drive NW
The engagement session will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and share your views with the City and the applicant, B&A Planning Group. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council when the proposal goes to City Council Public Hearing for a decision.

Already in the permit pipeline too:

Reference ID: Job No 339309332-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s)
Plan 8521469 Blk A
Applicant: DUB ARCHITECTS LTD.
Create Date: 8/26/2019 12:04:11 PM
Neighbourhood: RIVER VALLEY FORT EDMONTON

There are a number of spots in Buena Vista. The space between the Yorath House and the Rowing club. Or just north of the Rowing club, The Canoe club doesn't use that area anymore. At least as for as I could see.

The only issue would be public engagement. a lot of blow back from the off leashers. I can't see it in Terwilliger park. access and again public engagement.

I can't see it in any other location on the east side. They would be to close to the industrial zone. Big Island could be a great spot.

Back