News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

While, in general, I support keeping one's vaccines up to date, by nature of having just begun to recover from the illness in question, you are now de facto vax'ed against this particular version.

You need to confirm what variant you had, and what variant vaxes are available and discuss the utility of a further vaccination w/your physician.
There is a diverse soup of variants at the moment, according to Public Health Ontario's latest genomic surveillance report. And immunity to any variant doesn't last more than a few months. The recommendation is to wait 3 months after an infection before getting another vaccine.
Capture d’écran 2023-10-19 092146.png

It is worth noting that Shoppers Drug Mart does not tell you this when you do a booking. I made a booking for last week blissfully unaware and was told to come back after the 30th.
It is also advisable to confirm with them that you want the monovalent XBB vaccine. People reported being told they were getting this vaccine, only to realize later, when they looked at their certificate, that they were given the old bivalent one.

It is also advisable to confirm with them that you want the monovalent XBB vaccine. People reported being told they were getting this vaccine, only to realize later, when they looked at their certificate, that they were given the old bivalent one.
Indeed. I double checked this when getting my fifth Covid shot (and flu shot) at Rexall last week.

Last edited:
Got my first Covid shot today in a year and a half. Also got the flu shot at the same time. 6 hours later and aside from a tiny bit of soreness in both arms, I feel fine, if a bit tired, though I'm not sure if that's related to the shots or not.

Initially I wasn't going to bother with another shot because I'm just SO OVER COVID and barely even think about it anymore, but since I booked my mom to get one, I figured what the hell, since I'm there I guess I'll just get one too.

The Elementary Teachers and the province have a tentative deal (subject to ratification) with wages to be determined in arbitration.

In an article about that deal, The Star highlights how far behind students are that received virtual, rather than in person learning.

From the above:

1700926936053.png

That's an enormous gap; what a profound loss. That's so hard to make up.

The Elementary Teachers and the province have a tentative deal (subject to ratification) with wages to be determined in arbitration.

In an article about that deal, The Star highlights how far behind students are that received virtual, rather than in person learning.

From the above:

View attachment 522880

That's an enormous gap; what a profound loss. That's so hard to make up.
This is no longer included in the posted article (but it is in another linked one).

The general lack of mitigation measures in schools while several infectious diseases are circulating will also be felt in the years to come, considering COVID comes with a risk of cognitive issues (among many other problems) even after a "mild" infection.

Back