News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I have friends in Norway and Sweden, they laugh at me when i tell them we still have to wear masks in stores and on public transit. Over there they think Covid is no worse than the flu. Wearing face masks is only recommended.
Different strokes for different folks!

I have friends in Norway and Sweden, they laugh at me when i tell them we still have to wear masks in stores and on public transit. Over there they think Covid is no worse than the flu. Wearing face masks is only recommended.
Norway handled the pandemic very well, much better than we and most of Europe did, but Sweden has been a disaster in comparison. Their death rate from COVID is almost twice that of Canada, though somewhat less than that of major European countries.

The daily average continues to go, slowly, down. It will be interesting to see how much it changes after Thanksgiving and the decision to open up more things to more people.

1633878045914.png

The daily average continues to go, slowly, down. It will be interesting to see how much it changes after Thanksgiving and the decision to open up more things to more people.
I am unlikely to go to a movie or concert now that capacity limits are gone. I am sure I am not the only one.

My kid works at Cineplex and he wasn't too excited about the full capacity. I am sure he will adjust though. Checking vax info is actually part of his job when he is at the front.

U.S. to lift Canada, Mexico land border restrictions in Nov for vaccinated visitors​

U.S. to lift Canada, Mexico land border restrictions in Nov for vaccinated visitors​

Amazing that the American Empire will allow the Canadians barbarian hords to cross over the frontiers.

I am unlikely to go to a movie or concert now that capacity limits are gone. I am sure I am not the only one.

Yes I feel the same. We watched Shang-Chi a couple of weeks ago and loved the extra space that we wanted to start watching more movies in the theatres again. But with the full capacity...pass. :( Good intentions but bad timing?

I am unlikely to go to a movie or concert now that capacity limits are gone.

Quick note specific to this question, Cineplex is not running to 100% capacity.

They are continuing to leave at least one seat empty between unrelated parties.

You can see that with this screenshot of today's 5:15pm screening at SB:

1634149923459.png

Seats with the line through them are being held empty by the system.

I am sure I am not the only one.
I saw James Bond yesterday at Scotiabank Theatre. The theatre was full.

I too went to see the new Bond flick at Scotiabank.

In Cinema #1, (one of the very large auditoriums). I was one of 30 people in over 350 seats.

I knew that would be the case, in advance, because all seating remains reserved.
You can see prospective capacity online. (see image above)

Matinee shows, especially the 1st of the day are quite low attendance.

In furtherance of the point above, here is the current attendance for the 2:40pm, 3D screening of Bond at SB:

1634150149552.png

Yup, that's right, with less than 10M to showtime, they've sold exactly 1 ticket.

Lots of opportunity to take in a show with oodles of room around you, if you have a flexible work schedule.

(PS, I went on Thanksgiving Monday) (did my TG dinner on the Sunday)

Back