News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So, the only way to get a PCR test for your sick kid is to send them to school and let them get noticed coughing all day long. There's no way this could be a problem.

The Ministry of Health document says take-home PCR self-collection kits will only be provided to elementary and secondary students as well as education staff who become symptomatic while at school.

French Canadians are very different from those who live in France. And there are differences between French speaking people from Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and the Maritimes. You can’t lump them all together

I remember reading a very interesting article from the Globe recently about the cultural differences:

The first two paragraphs are amusing already:

In 2009, when the Parisian financier Roland Lescure was preparing to move to Quebec – as tens of thousands of his compatriots have done in the past 20 years – he received a prescient piece of advice.

Be careful, Roland, a friend in Toronto said: They’re not French people who live in America. They’re Americans who speak in French.

AoD

Not sure if this has been posted previously, but it was forwarded to me on FB via a friend who is an ER nurse at a GTA hospital today.

She indicated that if people could use this service (its obviously not appropriate for heart attack/stroke/serious burn/trauma etc.)

That it would be helpful.

Her take by the way; ER volumes are not much worse than typical for this time of year (she's in them every day), though it is around normal peak levels, as this season tends to be..........

However, she noted they are seriously short-staffed and that is creating its share of challenges for staff and patients alike.

1641952163961.png

The link for the above service is here: https://www.torontovirtualed.ca/

From the above link:

1641952215327.png

This is helpful. I know someone who called Telehealth the other day and was told there was a 90 hour wait for a call back !

That privacy breach is going to generate some lawsuits for sure.

There are some simple security tools they should look into for this like inexpensive add-ins for Excel and Outlook that allow you to classify documents. All the banks have used these for years. Where I work they have a simple red, yellow, green, gray scheme. Any file with personal data in it should be classified yellow or red. If you try to email something classified like that you get a pop-up warning box telling you to confirm that you actually want to send out an email with personal data. If it's coded red it will not even allow you to send it to external email addresses, only internal, and when you do send it your manager gets a notification email that you have done so.

I'm sure some of these organisations didn't ever expect to be handling private data like this, but now that they are they need to really up their game.

Last edited:
💡💡next week Quebec will be taxing over weight people who choice to eat junk food and have no interest in losing weight or exercising ,resulting in a strain on the health care system 😅🤣😂

I've never sat next to a fat person on a bus and caught fatness and then almost died a few days latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've never sat next to a fat person on a bus and caught fatness and then almost died a few days latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly. The tax is to reduce negative externalities - negative events that individuals do not consider either due to selfishness or unawareness. It's the same with cigarettes (2nd hand smoke), gas (exhaust) etc.

A theoretical way of pricing the tax should be:
  1. Calculate cost of 3 doses of vaccine. Add on the per capita cost of hospitalizations for those vaccinated but still went to hospital (for whatever reason), divided by the number of vaccinated people. This what it SHOULD cost to take care of someone vaccinated on a country-wide average basis. (or do it by province in Quebec's case).
  2. Now calculate the per capita hospitalization cost spent treating those not vaccinated for whatever reason, divided by the number of unvaccinated people.
Your tax should be 2 minus 1. That's your cost to society for not taking the vaccine. Obviously there will be more variables, but this is just high level.

Finally got a negative COVID rapid antigen test today, 10 days after my first positive test. Apparently this is very common, and it shows allowing people to resume their normal activities after only 5 days is wrong and dangerous. My case was very mild, and my husband actually never became positive, which is a relief.

Back