News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

From this CBC story:

Ontario Premier Doug Ford says the province is set to make an announcement later this week about reducing COVID-19 restrictions.
He told Ottawa radio station CFRA Tuesday that he hates putting public health measures in place and that there will soon be some positive news on that front.

After a long exile to play across the US, explicitly because of the Ontario attendance restrictions, the Leafs finally have another home game scheduled for Wednesday next week.
I bet this announcement of easing of restrictions will perfectly coincide with that scheduled home game, and with just enough advance notice to let the Leafs sell tickets to the game and collect that wonderful NHL cash flow.

Last edited:
From this CBC story:

After a long exile to play across the US, explicitly because of the Ontario attendance restrictions, the Leafs finally have another home game scheduled for Wednesday next week. I bet you this annoucement of the easing of restrictions will perfectly coincide with that scheduled home game, and with just enough advance notice to let the Leafs sell tickets to the game to get that wonderful NHL cash flow.
Yes. Mr Ford never seems to learn that stopping or relaxing restrictions too soon is followed by more restrictions.

I've been to Quebec a number of times on bike trips and have never encountered that. Between the group of us (none functionally bilingual by any stretch) I found that by us stumbling our way through our high school French and them their acquired English, we managed quite successfully. They appreciated that we tried. One off-the-beaten path restaurant came to a language impass but it way anything but hostile. Many restaurants will have English menus. I have heard that up in the Saguenay region it can be a little touchy. The only time somebody got a little snippy was at a gas station - in Hawkesbury - Ontario.

It really isn't hostile, unless you're a jerk about it. I'm terrible with languages, but I've never had a bad experience in Quebec. Usually they can tell my French is awful as soon as I open my mouth, and respond to my "bonjour" with an English greeting. I *want* to try, but I never even get a chance. The one and only exception was at a brewpub in Magog, where the server patiently spoke French with me the whole time, even though I knew she knew English (it's a tourist town in the heart of the Eastern Townships).

But that's the service industry. I think to those trying to settle in Quebec and not having at least conversational French will lead to problems.

Here's the presser on the easing of restrictions: Note the phasing of measures and multiple dates

1642698154192.png

1642698211207.png

1642698251612.png

Link: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...sly-and-gradually-ease-public-health-measures

What I find interesting is that the "temporary" proof of vaccine will still be required when pretty much all restrictions are lifted.

Back