39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Lachlan Holmes

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Hamilton
Has the old City of Toronto Development Application site disappeared? I went to visit it, and it's just redirecting me to this page telling me about the new site.

I'm not a big fan of the new site for a few reasons. I find it slower, more prone to mis-clicks, and most of all, it infuriatingly lists nothing under supporting documentation when on the same application viewed on the old system, there are dozens of supporting documents.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it gone for good? Could there be an alternative link to still use it?

(also, wasn't sure which sub-forum to put this thread in. If mods feel there's a better place for this thread please move it!)

I also preferred the old site. More importantly, they also just broke a whole lot of links.

Yup. At least its slightly better than the site the trialed last year which utilized some 3rd party GIS platform.

But the lack of working links, the necessity to search for addresses (which you might not know) and the default to 500m radius (which encompasses a lot in downtown areas) are big no-no's for me.

The City may have had an older development application portal, but it worked very well, and was much better than essentially any other municipality that I had encountered in Ontario.

Back