2.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 1.2K     0 

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
Also I still wish they'd add a Cherry St station, Corktown to East Harbour is a decent gap, but I assume that's not happening since the tunnels are climbing to the surface in that section.
Almost everyone leaving the Distillery is drunk, im sure no one will notice that the station is on a 20 degree angle...

NoahB

Member Bio
Reaction score
I guess they might end up using the usual twin boring machines to be able to split like that? The site mentions extracting the boring machines here. I imagine at the parking lot next door? or will they shut down the GO yard for construction?

44 North

Member Bio
Reaction score
an apparent conflict between the tunnel portal approaching the Don River and the R-H line.
Yeah I'm keen to see vertical alignments for that area. They more or less have the portal for the w/b track right where the RH line joins USRC. Also the e/b track's portal within the rail corridor or Don Yard.

warrens

Member Bio
Reaction score
I guess they might end up using the usual twin boring machines to be able to split like that? The site mentions extracting the boring machines here. I imagine at the parking lot next door? or will they shut down the GO yard for construction?
Not sure that the needs of the eastern portal would influence the overall decision too much. They could still do single-bore but mine the second eastern portal separately.

RyanM12

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Yeah I think we should be fighting for a stop at Cherry. There will be a big gap between Corktown and the next stop. The west side has denser station placement.

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah I'm keen to see vertical alignments for that area. They more or less have the portal for the w/b track right where the RH line joins USRC. Also the e/b track's portal within the rail corridor or Don Yard.
There's also the Don multiuse trail that dips under the bridge and hugs the river. Will be interesting to see how the clearances work for that.

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
RFQ, RFP, and financial close for the Ontario Line have been pushed back.

1601057331119.png

NoahB

Member Bio
Reaction score
If the first 2 sections get awarded before the election, it becomes less likely that whichever goverment wins 2022 to cancel the project. Neither the liberals nor the NDP are likely to cancel a huge project with financial panelties.

warrens

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just occurred to me that the "Early works" component Metrolinx & IO have been talking about could mean that some of the necessary work will be finished and/or on its way long before mid-2024. If they are planning to build the bridges in Leslieville, over the Don River etc. before then, that may still make a 2028/2029 completion date attainable.

karledice

Member Bio
Reaction score
If the first 2 sections get awarded before the election, it becomes less likely that whichever goverment wins 2022 to cancel the project. Neither the liberals nor the NDP are likely to cancel a huge project with financial panelties.
Knock on wood, we need this

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think its political suicide to cancel this project at any point right now.

However whether they want to amend and change the project yet again, further delaying things, is another matter.

I could see the NDP bowing to the Leslieville NIMBYS and have that portion buried underground, etc.