On what basis do you draw those conclusions about the Foundry? Citations please.

As for the balance of your post, as is pointed out by @allengeorge the City does not lack for places to build affordable housing, it lacks funds and will.

But the proposal for the Foundry site includes only a small portion of affordable housing, with the balance being market.

Further, nothing would preclude building affordable housing on the site while substantially preserving said heritage.

I'm not sure why this has to be a black/white issue in your mind.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...mpany-buildings-will-proceed-judge-rules.html

4th para from the bottom. Not to mention this land is owned by the province. If they want to demo it and they have th permit to do it, which theyve got, they are allowed to demo whatever they want.
Feelings dont count, and if youre mentioning feelings, they had over 40 years to petition for a new development and nobody said anything. Now that theyre taking an abandoned building down they say no and we have plans??? a bit late isnt it???

If it were a cemetary thats another story but this is simply an old building that cant be restored due to severe contamination
Just to be clear here, are you talking about the Foundry or the first parliament site? Your first message referenced the first parliament, and that's the site being taken over by Metrolinx. That's what I'm responding to. You seem to have shifted to discussing the Foundry now. I never mentioned that or referred to that. I just want to be clear that we're talking about the same thing.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...mpany-buildings-will-proceed-judge-rules.html

4th para from the bottom. Not to mention this land is owned by the province. If they want to demo it and they have th permit to do it, which theyve got, they are allowed to demo whatever they want.
Feelings dont count, and if youre mentioning feelings, they had over 40 years to petition for a new development and nobody said anything. Now that theyre taking an abandoned building down they say no and we have plans??? a bit late isnt it???

First, they have no permit; but don't require one.

Second, where did I suggest they weren't allowed to? I didn't. I simply disagree with the demo.

Third, where did I bring up feelings? I don't recall doing so. (in fact I did not). Please don't make things up.

First, they have no permit; but don't require one.

Second, where did I suggest they weren't allowed to? I didn't. I simply disagree with the demo.

Third, where did I bring up feelings? I don't recall doing so. (in fact I did not). Please don't make things up.
1. https://globalnews.ca/news/7584039/...ite-affordable-housing-minister-zoning-order/

i was referring to para 8

2. I wasnt arguing about the legality of the demo, I am arguing that people try to hold on to useless things from the past like a hoarder and not let go for the progress of the city

3. I am referring to the hurt feelings of the likes of Wong Tam, who now is crying, even thought she had many election cycles to do something about this land

Just to be clear here, are you talking about the Foundry or the first parliament site? Your first message referenced the first parliament, and that's the site being taken over by Metrolinx. That's what I'm responding to. You seem to have shifted to discussing the Foundry now. I never mentioned that or referred to that. I just want to be clear that we're talking about the same thing.
iirc the lands that Ford wants to build an OL station is adjoined to this? If its completely separate I guess we should move on and get back on topic.

1. https://globalnews.ca/news/7584039/...ite-affordable-housing-minister-zoning-order/

i was referring to para 8

2. I wasnt arguing about the legality of the demo, I am arguing that people try to hold on to useless things from the past like a hoarder and not let go for the progress of the city

3. I am referring to the hurt feelings of the likes of Wong Tam, who now is crying, even thought she had many election cycles to do something about this land

I'm not sure this City can be reasonably accused of hoarding historical buildings; we've lost dozens of them over the years; most large cities have conserved more heritage than has Toronto.

What precisely was Wong-Tam to do about land owned by the Province, over which she has no legal authority?

I'm not sure this City can be reasonably accused of hoarding historical buildings; we've lost dozens of them over the years; most large cities have conserved more heritage than has Toronto.

What precisely was Wong-Tam to do about land owned by the Province, over which she has no legal authority?
Problem is theyre not allowing demo, yet for a lot of them theyre not doing anything significant to preserve it or putting massive red tape. One example is theres a an old building run down downtown that once was used by a psychic where the front door was just rotten to the core.
Rather than allow the developer replace the door while redeveloping it with a 1 for one exact replica they forced them to spend expotentially more just to attempt to preserve it.

well shes the one on record crying foul and trying to rally the community against it.....

Emperor Doug Ford wants to destroy history, likely because it was one of the classes he skipped in high school.

Rome Opens Up “Metro Museum” To Display Artifacts Found During Construction

See link.

TELEMMGLPICT000125293582-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqek9vKm18v_rkIPH9w2GMNtm3NAjPW-2_OvjCiS6COCU.jpeg

TELEMMGLPICT000125294007-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqek9vKm18v_rkIPH9w2GMNtm3NAjPW-2_OvjCiS6COCU.jpeg

From link.
gettyimages-679296452-cc3cf35c7a0d1fada691e4f83c17540745c42326-s800-c85.jpg

From link.
1519997554838__dsc6654.jpg

What a silly conversation this is, you people are really protesting over the demo of a building on land that will be used for a very important transit project?
I'm not aware of anyone protesting the demo of buildings on that site. I think everyone has assumed that the car dealership, car wash, and Staples will be demolished as part of the First Parliament plans and new subway station.

Last edited:
What a silly conversation this is, you people are really protesting over the demo of a building on land that will be used for a very important transit project?

You're part of the problem, not the solution.
This is a bad take. People aren't objecting to putting a transit station on the site, more so that metrolinx has just decided to take the land rather than work with the city, which given this government would suggest they intend to sell it for luxury condos after the subway station is built. Just look at how they tried to screw over the Jane-Finch community centre until the press made it an issue. Metrolinx does not care about the communities they build in, they are only out to help the developers who got Ford elected.

Back